Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man

I just bought 2 goats from a stock yard in Kabankalan using a smart phone app.
With Bernie as negotiator and Analou as technology engineer, we made a successful purchase

Its 8am in the Phils. Cash exchange was at 7:50.

I am loving the technology,

Meet Murcia and Cabra or goats 103 and 104

I am in search of eggs for my next get the flock out of here run - Feb 27.

They need to be mailed feb 24 and be no more than 3 days old. 

Minimum of a doz to justify shipping costs

To complete the plan, I need;

Buff Orps
Brown Leghorns
Australorps
Creme Legbars
Swedish Flower Hens
Speckled Sussex
Golden Sebright
Banty Cochins

Contact me if you may have eggs available

I am happy to cover all shipping and a fair price for eggs

Still only 2 Legbars laying it seems, but they all look as if they should be.
They are not egg eating but I do wonder about snakes.
I found a huge snake in the brooder box, but it is now snake proof. Maybe they moved on to eggs.

I do have a huge pile of clothes and shoes for the orphans....

And here are pigs 7, 8 & 9

The arrival of 7,8 & 9 completes our pig acquisition phase. The will get weighed, tagged and vaccinated for atrophic rhinitis and tetanus today and myco bacterial pnuemonias on sat

They are 5 weeks and aprox 20 lbs each. In 16 weeks they will gain 200lbs

They will be fed a feed mix of 19% protein - the same feed I use for chicks until they are 45lb

Still only 2 Legbars laying it seems, but they all look as if they should be.
They are not egg eating but I do wonder about snakes.
I found a huge snake in the brooder box, but it is now snake proof. Maybe they moved on to eggs.

I do have a huge pile of clothes and shoes for the orphans....
fantastic

thank you

the legbars have 2 weeks to get orginized. I went from 4 eggs a day to 17 almost overnight

things may still happen

And here are pigs 7, 8 & 9

The arrival of 7,8 & 9 completes our pig acquisition phase. The will get weighed, tagged and vaccinated for atrophic rhinitis and tetanus today and myco bacterial pnuemonias on sat

They are 5 weeks and aprox 20 lbs each. In 16 weeks they will gain 200lbs

They will be fed a feed mix of 19% protein - the same feed I use for chicks until they are 45lb

Those are going to be some big chicks! LOL
lau.gif
I had to read that out loud for it to make sense to me! I think the kids have worn me out, and I need to go to bed!

O
a couple of mystery pullet eggs This was the original kitchen and bathroom in the egg house. We stripped babk the kitchen and will expand the floor to 10x10, then rebuild it to give Aljay a private room. New walls, window door and ceiling and some paint. After the piggery we will start on Bernies new house. It will have three one bed, one bath dorm rooms on the back for Aljay and seasonal workers The only named bird - Scooby Too and his girls will need a coop soon - I am going to have to rotate breeding coops
h OZ he looks amazing !! So cool scooby too!!

Back
Top Bottom