Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man

Been busy last couple of weeks so BYC kinda was on back burner.

New healthy beautiful baby girl. Mom doing well. Kids all adjusting well.

Had a hatch start day we came home. !/2 went well half cooked WAY to much. Good batch of meat birds and a few RIR chicks from the good hatcher. Broody has 1 baby left, 1 got killed by Shi-Tzu. But now 4 more girls are sitting on eggs.

Oldest batches of ducks all penned with adult and all getting along fine.

Took kids fishing and 2 and 3 y/o caught 1st fish. The 3 y/o thinks its the best thing ever. And he does it by himself, except casting.

Garden going ok, some was washed out by heavy rains we had day of baby birth.

Even with 6 broody hens eggs still 2.5+ dz. /day. plenty to make a few bucks a week. May post some birds on CL.
Doing some neighborly trades for extra chicken wire she has no use for. She wants some flooring we have, told her we didn't pay anything she can have what she wants, so she told me take the roll of wire. Full roll of 4 x 100, so its quite a score on my end. For me anyway.

2 older kids at summer college program so its a little quiet around the house. New puppy, hoping to train as a LGD.

Still 8 billion jobs need finished. Getting there slowly.

Big brooder working great, haven't lost 1 bird, even when garage roof leaked during storm.

Will try to get on more often, since I have 6 walking incubators now I have a little less to stress about... I hope.

my broody buff orpington hatched out 6 out of 7 muscovy ducklings, these are the 1st that we hatched
D.gif
bun.gif

Congrats on the little one! Lots of little chicken keepers in the making
big_smile.png

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3555725804

lol.png

It's the cheapest I can get. I pay $40.99 after fees and taxes. It used to be $25 or so, but Charter likes to rip people off. I pay $9 a month to lease a router I've had for 3 years.... that thing has got to be paid for 5 times over by now.
roll.png
It used to be $5 a month, but obviously it's... more expensive now because.... I have not a clue.

I think it would be amazing to see some glamour shots of your breeding pairs. Would be nice for a future website.

I buy a pre-pay plan for Internet on arrival. I 500p $12 for 1gb good for 30 days or 200p for 250mb for 14 days. I don't use much here in the boonies but when I am in the city I get a 3G connection.

I rarely ever make a phone call.

Over the years I have accumulated bonus texts as I pay for 'load'. I have around 5000 free texts. As we communicate with whatsapp, I rarely use them as well.

Back
Top Bottom