Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man

Morning Oz..... still lurking twice a day or so..... As usual, great place to learn all sorts of things about animals and life in general... I need to learn your patience... 4.5 hours trouble shooting a brooder/hatcher.... Awesome... is it time for a color coded schematic... maybe... Great tutorial on weather with the kids... I'm off to your FB page....

yes - I need patience - but without it I would have shut up shop years ago

I did get pretty upset today though. The only thing that gets my goat is when I am not told something.

We have a hatch cooking at the moment - we used the repaired incubator 2 and it worked well so far. I have to shield the lower level from the radiant heat of the lights below to use to incubate but as we only keep eggs in the hatcher for 36 hours, it seems to be OK.

Oz, what issue wasn't reported? If I may ask.

I have an expectation that Lillian submit a journal of the prior day's events by 7am their time. It includes
Projects update
Egg Counts
Visitors
Medication and vaccination report

After we give medicaions, I want the animals evaluated - they need to be given a once over to make sure there are no adverse events
Also if a bird is sick, I want to know early so i can diagnose and treat.

This was not happening. I was getting rubber stamp reports with little substance. It takes just a few seconds to send a message - all animals are ok.

With the internet being so slow, it can be a 50 min turn around for a Q and A and its normally at 3am.

they sort of just showed up.

i had a couple of naked neck cross ayam cerami that a friend gave me. I did not pay much attention to my mixed coop and suddenly i had chicks hatching that were not naked necks but all black. 

the NN disappeared in the hatches.  
wonder if the nn would show back up if you cross back. Black nn would be pretty cool to breed true

Back
Top Bottom