Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man

Emerging from lurkdom as well. I really enjoy reading your tale Oz. I hope you have many more wonderful adventures along your path.
Referring to the simple wedding discussion, I wanted to share this picture of my husband and I.

Best regards,
Carol

Brave people, wearing white and eating!
lol.png

It was a lot to read, but I have a terrible case of insomnia right now, so it kept me company.

Vehve - I've been in the fan club since I found this thread. :) I am so fascinated by the culture in the Phils.

Its nice to see the new participants. Thanks for the encouragement.

The boys seem to be doing well on the farm. The piglets are growing well.

Our hatch rates have improved with increased turning as well as shorter storage periods.

We have about 140 birds to ship this weekend. Busy times.

Oh lordy speaking of weddings...

Civil marriage in Belgium was relatively inexpensive. Bought my dress on sale, had a florist friend help with the bouquet. Town Hall and then a fondue place we frequent for the reception.

The community marriage is the big one. I'm half Vietnamese and from Texas so needless to say it'll be huge. We're lucky our venue does package deals and payment plans so we can have a big wedding but stretch out the costs.

Not that we can't afford the costs, but having time to pay is much nicer IMO.

Last edited:
Oh lordy speaking of weddings...

Civil marriage in Belgium was relatively inexpensive. Bought my dress on sale, had a florist friend help with the bouquet. Town Hall and then a fondue place we frequent for the reception.

The community marriage is the big one. I'm half Vietnamese and from Texas so needless to say it'll be huge. We're lucky our venue does package deals and payment plans so we can have a big wedding but stretch out the costs.

Not that we can't afford the costs, but having time to pay is much nicer IMO.

Hah, always cool to see someone who moves in the other direction
lol.png
How's your Flemish? I have got to hear that... Texan accent Flemish
love.gif
(I'm a transplant from Holland > Alabama)

My brother's wedding was a giant party... it was awesome and no doubt expensive. Marriage didn't last though. His second wedding was no less awesome, but I was not there.. flying to Europe is out of my price range these days. Not to mention taking my little circus to the grocery store is a task, flying? Uh.. no... no.. nope.

I have no friends to attend, nor do I have family that would.. so it never was a question about big or not. The whole idea is freaking anxiety inducing to me. My poor husband... haha. He's the one that actually wanted somewhat of a ceremony.

@Tomtommom Ik spreek een beetje Nederlands. I'm not that good yet. XD

I have a huge family so big is part of the package for me. I call it My Big Fat Vietnamese Wedding.

I'm so coming if you have lumpia. In the Netherlands you can find little food carts selling Vietnamese fried spring rolls every where.. Man, I miss those.

Back
Top Bottom