Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man

Yep its acutally a very nice town. I learned to ride on a Rubber innertube behind a Station wagon on snow days.
Dad was the guy who put in the missile silos through out New Mexico. He was part of a design team. His experience with tooling and military got him in a bit further

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walker_Air_Force_Base

From there we went to Las Vegas where he was bussed in for work... Area 51.

From what I grew up with I dont know what went on. From what I remember as an adult... there were things Dad was experimenting with... Meaning concepts

deb

Interesting times, back then. I would love to get a look at Area 51.

I love the horse farms on the outskirts of Roswell, headed towards Tatum. I have always wished to own some of the properties down there. For being in the desert, they sure are lush.

My grandfather was one of the founders of Sandia Labs, and was heavily involved in the development of the A-bomb. I wish I knew him at an older age and could have asked about all this.He may not have answered my questions, though, he was a very private man. He died when I was about 11.

Quote:
Area 51 and the Atomic test site are both visible from Google maps.

Dad worked at the Atomic test site but its right next door. And he worked for the same Job shop. EG@G I was twelve when I moved from there.

Desert especially High desert often times takes its water from snow. There is also water thats close to the surface for perminant pasture in some areas around Roswell.

deb

We stopped by Roswell on our trip to see friends:
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom