Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man

While its not the ideal fruit to be locked in a confines space with, its taste is amazing.

Why would you not grow it?

Just the smell that is described as rotten onions and gym socks... I don't care what it tastes like, I'm not chewing on a gym sock! Don't want the fruit on the ground either... my feet smell bad enough without stepping in a rotten durian! lol, I'm sure it's good, I ran into durian candy the other day, but still...

My grandmother and i used to eat durian together. If you can get past the horrible rotting-meat smell, the flavor is delicate and sweet. My mother won't go near it and I know in Vietnam they won't let you on public transport with one and restaurants are forbidden from serving it because of the awful smell.

You guys are killing me with your Durian fruit descriptions ... Absolutely hysterical!!!
gig.gif

Durian is very sweet and good if you can get over the smell. I won't go near it now, but when I was much younger I didn't mind eating a few bites (in a hurry while holding my breath because after that, the smell gets to you). It smells more like carrion than rotten onions! And if you keep it in your fridge, triple-bagging and any other supposedly air-tight methods of storage won't prevent your fridge from smelling like it broke and spoiled everything inside!!

Yeah, there are many places in Asia that has "No Durian" signs. For example, in Indonesia, they have "no durian" signs in hotels, airports, planes, some public areas, etc.

durian ice cream is fantastic

if you carry a ripe durian in your car, the smell will be there for days

in the phils people buy when they are in davao. they come on the plane in the cargo and you can always recognize what luggage turnstile is for the davao planes

durian ice cream is fantastic

if you carry a ripe durian in your car, the smell will be there for days

in the phils people buy when they are in davao. they come on the plane in the cargo and you can always recognize what luggage turnstile is for the davao planes

When living over seas, the Durian truck would roll down the street and the ladies ran out of there house, me along side them, to size up the fruit! It is an acquired taste. The hotels would not allow people to bring it in to their establishment, due to the smell.

Back
Top Bottom