Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man

Guess his new job is keeping him super busy. Or else he threw in the towel and moved to the Pinas lol.
Internet is horrid there. Very few places get decent Internet.
Not sure when the last time I posted was but my baby girl will be 10m on the 6th lol

Congrats!! Pic's work wonders, or is your connection that crappy.
thanks for the update!
Scott

Lol I'm In Crapamento lol. Too broke to go back to the Pinas.

She is a little spider monkey. She loves climbing trying to walk solo and crawls like a spider haha.

No prob Scott.
Wife is working and after 6 months in a hotel and almost 1 yr in a crummy apartment. We got a prius v. (Hate the front seats) but love the car. Hopefully we get this new apartment and can start saving again. Lol

Would love to own a house again and raise a dozen chick's along with a garden lol.

Yes little 1 is already a handful and starting her walking. Will be glad to have a halfway and bedroom we can lock her in haha. Gates of course not doors shut.

No prob Scott.
Wife is working and after 6 months in a hotel and almost 1 yr in a crummy apartment. We got a prius v. (Hate the front seats) but love the car. Hopefully we get this new apartment and can start saving again. Lol

Would love to own a house again and raise a dozen chick's along with a garden lol.

Yes little 1 is already a handful and starting her walking. Will be glad to have a halfway and bedroom we can lock her in haha. Gates of course not doors shut.
We had one DD that was very good at climbing over any gate, a 4 foot was doable with her
barnie.gif

Ended up cutting out one piece of a cardboard freezer box that would cover the whole gate, tied it on with baling twine and DD stayed where she was.
Just a thought.
I hope that your DD is easier to handle
hugs.gif

Scott

Halfway lol supposed to be hallway.

She climbs onto my lap from the floor to a rocker. She tries climbing out of her pack n play. We thought about a crib but it's a waste of money for us.

She will definately be a major handful with gates. Especially those wood ones. She already can pull herself up and almost gets in the tub on her own.

Thanks for that box idea.

Atleast we are growing our own tomatoes right now. Sure miss having a yard.

House or trailer and a yard is on our major to get list lol.
Renting has perks but many draw backs.

Hi everyone who is popping in to check on Oz!
ya.gif
I am close to finishing my chicken house and run for the bantams and a full sized hen and chicks.

This is the roof of the egg box. it is tiled with alternating rows of Wicked Red Hard Cider and Foster's Larger cans cut open and flattened out and attached with roofing nails. I am hoping that the bright sun shining on the aluminum will keep hawks from attempting raids. But mostly it was because I could get cheap roofing material and not have to cut back on my beer budget. It has already proved itself in a 24 hour rain. Not a drop got through. It is hard to see in this photo but I cut a car tire inner tube and used the rubber for a soft hinge. I figure if I treat it about twice a year with a tire care product it will stay nice and limber and not crack.

This is inside the egg box. I now have hardware cloth on that gap. I am going to cut a board that will cover it in the winter but not nail it down so when we have heat waves it can pull up cool air from under the chicken house.

This is a shot of the inside from the other egg box.

Here is what it looked like before I got the roof of the egg box done.

Back
Top Bottom