Getting the flock out of here - a diary of a crazy chicken man

I miss this thread. Oz, I hope all is well!

sniff sniff
hit.gif

Rubber tube hinges should last a while. We used them on crab pots and fishing gear. But we were not In a dry climate.Temps avg 65yr round. Lows 30s highs 80. Humidity 80.

On average 3 to 4 years. When spending a season in the ocean then the rest out in the weather. Backup rubber stored in garage. We did not treat it. But if you treat it use a cooking oil and not a chemical auto type.

Good recycling you did the there.
And that was the Temps where I use to live in norcal. Now I'm in central cal (sacramento) and would estimate 1-2yrs the rubber would last.

Rubber tube hinges should last a while. We used them on crab pots and fishing gear. But we were not In a dry climate.Temps avg 65yr round. Lows 30s highs 80. Humidity 80.

On average 3 to 4 years. When spending a season in the ocean then the rest out in the weather. Backup rubber stored in garage. We did not treat it. But if you treat it use a cooking oil and not a chemical auto type.

Good recycling you did the there.
And that was the Temps where I use to live in norcal. Now I'm in central cal (sacramento) and would estimate 1-2yrs the rubber would last.

Oh!, I see that you moved uptown from Crapamento
cool.png

Also think about the rubber mat that is used under flat roofs and some metal ones also. That stuff will hold up to sun and heat for atleast 8 years so far.
Just saying what I have working here.
Scott

Ya I call sacramento Crapamento lol
They call it norcal but they have no clue how much more of california there is. Most never heard of Yreka, eureka,Trinidad, crescent city etc.

They think Mt Shasta and redding is on the Oregon border.

Sacramento is part of the central valley so I consider it central california lol

Takes me as long to get to Crescent city as it does orange county. Add an extra hr to San Diego lol

I use to live in crescent city and before that was orange county.

Most people don't realize just how big California is. It took over 13 hours of driving from where I lived in SoCal to where we would go camping every year near Crescent City.

yep.... California is roughly twice the size of the UK

San diego county is a little bit smaller than Ireland....

fascinating site you can compare any country

http://thetruesize.com

deb

Hi everyone who is popping in to check on Oz!
ya.gif
I am close to finishing my chicken house and run for the bantams and a full sized hen and chicks.

This is the roof of the egg box. it is tiled with alternating rows of Wicked Red Hard Cider and Foster's Larger cans cut open and flattened out and attached with roofing nails. I am hoping that the bright sun shining on the aluminum will keep hawks from attempting raids. But mostly it was because I could get cheap roofing material and not have to cut back on my beer budget. It has already proved itself in a 24 hour rain. Not a drop got through. It is hard to see in this photo but I cut a car tire inner tube and used the rubber for a soft hinge. I figure if I treat it about twice a year with a tire care product it will stay nice and limber and not crack.

This is inside the egg box. I now have hardware cloth on that gap. I am going to cut a board that will cover it in the winter but not nail it down so when we have heat waves it can pull up cool air from under the chicken house.

This is a shot of the inside from the other egg box.

Here is what it looked like before I got the roof of the egg box done.
Foster's Lager in Tennessee! I am impressed. lol

Ya I call sacramento Crapamento lol
They call it norcal but they have no clue how much more of california there is. Most never heard of Yreka, eureka,Trinidad, crescent city etc.

They think Mt Shasta and redding is on the Oregon border.

Sacramento is part of the central valley so I consider it central california lol

Takes me as long to get to Crescent city as it does orange county. Add an extra hr to San Diego lol

I use to live in crescent city and before that was orange county.

Most people don't realize just how big California is. It took over 13 hours of driving from where I lived in SoCal to where we would go camping every year near Crescent City.

Just wondering--when were you in CC? Be funny if we saw each other all the time. Though I can manage to run errands without running into anyone I know, while Mr. P... Well, there's a reason I offer to run into a store myself if we're picking up some last minute thing on the way out of town :gig

Back
Top Bottom