Giving corrid to sick chick

@Wyorp Rock @casportpony my Oliver Egger passed last night
sad.png
. I treated the other two chicks with Corrid for 5 days. ( today would be day 6 ---1/2 tsp In a Quart of water. How long do I treat for? Do I continue ?

I'm sorry for your loss
hugs.gif

Treatment is 5-7 days so you can end whenever you like.
Are any of the other chicks showing any signs of illness?

I thought one of the chicks had a little blood in poop in the last day or two but today I don't think I see any. But they seem strong and are eating and playing.

Thank you!! You are so knowledgeable I'm so appreciative! I read in another backyard chicken post it said do 5-7 days of severe outbreak of corrid then 5-7 days of less (a preventative amount) what do you think?

Thank you!! You are so knowledgeable I'm so appreciative! I read in another backyard chicken post it said do 5-7 days of severe outbreak of corrid then 5-7 days of less (a preventative amount) what do you think?

Severe outbreak is generally all you need.

If you continue to see bloody poop then you will want to take a sample to have a fecal float performed to see what may be going on.

Seeing more bloody poop tonight :( worse than its been. Today was day 7 of corrid. Other than getting the poop tested, what else can I do tomorrow ? Stop the corrid ?

Back
Top Bottom