Glad to be here!

Drainchicks1115

Hatching
7 Years
May 4, 2012
Oregon
New to BYC, been reading it for a couple years, but finally decided to join! I live in Drain outside town and have 34 hens and roosters, 6 cats and 3 doggies, my husband calls it the funny farm. I built my chicken house in the front section of my small barn about 7 years ago and its still standing. I have a mixed flock of various aged chickens, the youngest are 14 mos and the oldest are about 9-10 years old. My favorites are the old lady Mottled Java and the speckled sussex's oh and the one silver laced wyandotte, well, they are all my favorites. I love everything chickens and roosters, I have lots of friends around here that have chickens, and love to talk about them. I have had chickens for about 7 years, lost quite a few to predators over the years, just have to try and be one step ahead of them. Its a long list of the chickens I have and here it is. Dominiques, Black sex links, Mottled Java, production reds, amerucanas, wellsummers, speckled sussexes, cuckoo maran, golden laced wyandottes, silver laced wyandotte,a few mixed breeds and a couple of tiny banty hens and about 5 banty roosters, oh and the big daddy amerucana rooster. Total chaos at my house. The chickens have a yard, but free range during the day since the bobcat moved on. I have one Rottie mix doggie, hes about 9 years, a German Sheppard who is 1 year and a chuhaha/jack russell and she is about 7 years and she is boss. I will say the cats are king here, I inherited two cats from my mom, two were rescues, and two just showed up. So its one big crazy family here. :)

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif
from New Mexico!

Glad you joined!

Back
Top Bottom