Gnomestead Farm Flock

I have very good news and very, very bad news. I'll start with good...
Little D (Dove, the egg) is almost ready to hatch. She's active and looking strong, and I am going to start sleeping next to the incubator to listen for pecking/chirping. And she's going to hatch ON MY MOM'S BIRTHDAY!
The bad news is, sweet little Rebel Claire is dead. Old age. I'm happy that she's finally getting some peace, but she was one of my first chickens ever. The injury to her comb probably helped her to her death too. She will always be remembered. She gets her funeral today. Monti and Princess Fluffybutt and Sage and Eye Patch will have some more company. Sigh... Anyway, I wish Dove could've met her, and I wish she could've stayed around for a while longer, but no hen could've held on longer, and I was lucky to have her at all, which I know and respect. Rest in peace, Rebel.

I won't be able to update for a few days, because Dove needs to be read to. After all, who doesn't want a literary chicken? Also, I have a belief that it helps socialization, if they know your voice well from a very young age. Once Dove hatches, I'll probably update nonstop, posting pictures of her. I can't wait to figure out who her mama is (I think Dawnwing's mother is one of the twins). Bye! Wish Dove luck!

Dove has hatched and is in the brooder-
with her new companions, Sandstorm and unnamed! Sandstorm is really small, fuzzy and light yellow. Unnamed is black with tiny talons. I would appreciate any and all name ideas for unnamed!

Hi!
My family is moving, so we need to give our birds away :(...
Buuut we're giving them to people who'll take care of them. I will visit every day.
So it's going to be fine.
The Winglets have graduated from chicks and are now pullets.
The ducks, Misty and Jumbo, are being adopted today. I might not be able to visit them this week, but next week when we move, I'll be barely a mile away from them and visit much more often.
And the Tiny Trio of Dove, Ebony and Sandstorm is doing great. Ebony has these amazing black and orange talons, and Sandstorm has incredible black, yellow, white and brown butterfly wings! And Dove has an incredibly REBELLIOUS, STUBBORN AND DISAGREEABLE nature. Ringing any bells? Think of her big sister... Dawnwing!
Yup, they are sisters.
I'll update again soon!

Misty and Jumbo have been adopted...
I'm moving soon.
Their new owners sent me a video of them swimming in a pond. They look happy, which, in turn, makes me happy, so-
:celebrate

Back
Top Bottom