Going OOT and its going to be HOT

riverwed070707

In the Brooder
7 Years
Mar 27, 2012
Iowa
Typically when we go OOT we'd have somone stop by the house once a day to check on the chickens and dogs. Leaving today and only going to be gone for 24 hours so I'm not having anyone come by but its supposed to be in the upper 90s. We haven't had temps that hot since I got the chicks so I'm just wondering if I need to take any special precautions to get them through the heat. Obviously they will have plenty of food and water. They will be in a coop with a run but it is well shaded. Typically gets a breeze but obviously that depends on the weather a bit. I do use the search function and saw tons of "is this OK to do?" threads but just wanted to check and see if there were any must dos before we go.

Thanks!!

Sounds like you have it under control, I would just have lots and lots of water I would also put electrolytes in the water thats what I do normally if its going to be hot.

My hens jusy speny 4 days cooped up while I was on vacation... Same w/ food and water...my only problem was a broody hen on a clutch of eggs when I returned.... But thats easy to fix and my high where in the low 90s

Back
Top Bottom