Going out to feed/maintain/..slip on shoe recommendations?

I have a slip on clog like a sketcher but they sell farming rubber ones like a crock but closed up. I am considering getting a short rain boot burnside my yards getting so muddy with dumping the water. I have ducks.. They mess up their pools daily

Maybe an equipment or supplies thread or category would be good, if I’m not seeing it. Running outside constantly to play with, feed, clean, garden, etc..does anyone have any good slip on shoe recommendations? Especially the kind you don’t even have to bend over for? It’d be nice to have a dedicated “chickens” shoe that slips on and off quickly..
Crocs are comfy and waterproof - actually they are everything proof! I keep them outside on my back porch and slip them on here in Cali. When I lived in snow country I wore my boots to the coop and left them on the floor of the ante room of the coop - they were cold but I wore socks in winter and it worked.

We wear rubber boots (gum boots to some) two sizes too big and keep them in a plastic tote with a good lid to keep the spiders and snakes out since the tote stays on the patio. Take them out of the tote and step into them, when I return I step out of them and return them to the tote. That way all the gunk and poop that I tracked back with me stays in the tote and not in the house.

Maybe an equipment or supplies thread or category would be good, if I’m not seeing it. Running outside constantly to play with, feed, clean, garden, etc..does anyone have any good slip on shoe recommendations? Especially the kind you don’t even have to bend over for? It’d be nice to have a dedicated “chickens” shoe that slips on and off quickly..
After ruining I don't know how many pairs of nice sandals and slip-ons I use Wellies, that great Brit import. Had to cut the top front, because they were too tight, but I can now slip into and out of them without even bending over, and use a hose to clean them off outside the mud room. Problem solved.

I have old pair of birks that I used to paint in for summer. Bought a cheap pair of crocs knock offs at $General for dry weather . And got a pair of Uggs 2 sizes too big from thrift store for snow and cold. They stay right next to door to outside.

I bought a pair of white super lightweight marlin deck boots. Got them several sizes bigger than my feet so I can just step in and out of them quickly. They are nonskid awesome and when they get too dirty I just pop them in the washer. They dry fast too!

I use Sloggers clogs- slips on/off without any effort or bending over. Hose off to clean and a removable comfortable liner with arch support and is washable too.
Also use Chacos waterproof flip flops in hot summertime. Also well made with arch support.

Back
Top Bottom