Going to put Christmas lights on the coop?

Buff Hooligans

Scrambled
12 Years
Jun 11, 2007
My DH is a Christmas nut! He started planning for Christmas lights on the coop even before he finished building it. He can't wait until the day after Thanksgiving to start stringin'.

Also if we put lights around the run, will the chickens stay up later, or do they always go to roost once the sun sets?

Dont know about outside lights but mins still go to bed with the inside ones on and where in mass do you live?
frow.gif

I to am a christmas nut, the lights, the smells, the sounds ahhhhh! I put a post on the board about a month ago about Christmas as I too love it and plan on putting light and a wreath on my coop. Good luck

YUM Christmas, I think I will have one of my chickens in the oven(I mean house) for Christmas

HO HO HO I love chicken(I mean Christmas)

My DH and I are really into decorateing for the holidays. Trust me, if it doesnt move....it has lights on it...and we have 5 acres to do! We always get cars going by, slowing down....just to look. Lights on the coop!?? YOU BET!! And a Santa on the roof I think!
wink.png
We start the end of October...hanging lights...they dont come on till the day AFTER Thanksgiving.....but they start going up early....before the cold sets in! We have a 20 x 40 barn, the upstairs is FULL of Christmas deco...yard animations, lights, outdoor tree ornaments...and this year..I have an extra fake tree....going to set it by the new coop! They get presents from Santa too! Guess I better get started on makeing those tiny little stockings!
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom