Going to try for a hatch march 10th/ Hatch along?

rittert3

Crowing
13 Years
May 1, 2009
Ks (Manhattan area)
I'm excited to get the bator back up and running again. I'm going to get my bator back in working order and try to get my egg order in to alex in time to set 2/22. I want to have them sexed and culled out to sell the culls at auction 4/21, hurry up tax return, lol. If anyone wants to join me on my comeback hatch do what you need to to get ready.

I've always thought it would great to have quail, but I only have room for chickens.

I think it would be cool to have quail running wild around the neighborhood too!

i'm in, my bator is full now on day 15, so i'll fill it again at the end of next week to hatch on the 14th, then i'll fill again on the 22nd!

need more birds

Good deal mibotsu, I pmed alex last night getting ready to order.
Mahonri- In most places it's illegal to release quail, at least without special licensing. Most quail wouldn't stick around the neiborhood either.

Had 66 quail hatch out for New Years... I have the last of the chickens hatching out today (makes 31 of them total).. plus 9 emu eggs in the bators with 6 more due here any day

I just set 23 shipped jumbo quail eggs yesterday... so looks like I'm going to sit this one out

Wow! I'm going to actually fudge the date I said by a little so my eggs won't sit at the PO on a sunday. I'm going to try and have Alex ship out to me on 2/15 so they'll get here the 17th or 18th and I'll set the fallowing day (18th or 19th). That gives me a few more days to play with sexing and culling before I take my extras to auction (on 4/21) anyway
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom