"golden" cuckoo marans

EricH

Chirping
9 Years
Jul 25, 2010
Valley Springs, ca
hi, i was looking at a site called "my pet chicken" - 2 questions......

1. is this site decent? are their really rare marans and penedesenca eggs really turn out to be quality chickens?

2. is a "golden" cuckoo marans a "creole" or "crele" as i see some people say it?

and i guess there are 3 questions...

what is the creole coloring? just a gold and black barring?

I've always liked the golden cuckoo's. I ordered some eggs, but only one hatched.
he.gif

6236_011.jpg

Here's a crele OEGB.

Last edited:
"is a "golden" cuckoo marans a "creole" or "crele" as i see some people say it?"
A golden Cuckoo Marans is the same colour pattern as an OEG Crele, never heard of 'creole' with respect to chicken outside cookery. LOL

"what is the creole coloring?"
Never heard of creole, but Crele is genetically a barred (or cuckoo) Duckwing. The colour game breeders call Partridge in the hen,& Black breasted red in the cock.

Quote:
Pshh, just get some of mine.
tongue.png
My cuckoos are one generation away from that color.

As for My Pet Chicken, I would not call it a quality place for breeds like that. They're a hatchery, so all they focus on are selling a LOT of chicks.

I think Golden Cuckoo is separate from Crele, as Crele is duckwing based, and there are no duckwing Marans. . . They're probably wheaten or black copper based cuckoos. They're nice, but like any Marans - If you want quality, look for a breeder, not a hatchery.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom