Golden Polish Hen or Roo?

Who knows? I raised Polish and never considered them to be a noisy breed, but it's the individuals that count more than the breed. You might try putting fun things for them to explore or play with into their run, and see if that makes a difference. Also, they may quite down as they mature.
That would be amazing if they quieted down with maturity. That's what I keep hoping. I love them so so much and I really don't want to have to rehome them.

That would be amazing if they quieted down with maturity. That's what I keep hoping. I love them so so much and I really don't want to have to rehome them.
They might... but they also might not. My little Polish girl will sing the egg song, but she also doesn't lay very often. Aside from laying, she's very quiet. Your other Polish chicken looks like a pullet too :)

I see all pullets.

But this is an absolutely gorgeous picture.
Thanks everyone. I guess if I think about it it's not quite crowing. More like very loud cawing, sometimes in the early morning, but also throughout the day. Usually it really feels like they're just SCREAMING, for no reason. 🙃

We have 9 and we get ~2 eggs per day. They're all around 9-10 months old so it's hard to know who's responsible for the eggs.

Here's a pic of the other screamer, the silver laced on my wrist not the shoulder chicken. Also please excuse the silly picture, quarantine boredom leads to strange things . . .

They look similar aside from color so if you're saying the golden is a female, then I'm guessing the silver is as well. Just noisy ladies I guess.

I agree about all of what I'm reading. I see all pullets and that picture is a work of art. I have some white Sultans that would look great with the black dress.

Back
Top Bottom