GOOD NEWS ....waiting for Townline UPDATE

Green Ridge MO

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jan 8, 2010
Green Ridge, Missouri
big_smile.png

Early this morning called down to my post office again and all chicks are currently under heat lamps and chirping away going back and forth to waterers and pecking at starter feed!!! I did notice on the shipping label it looks like they had the package slated for St.Louis and then marked out and sent to Kansas City - I assume this was the reason for the extended time taking for my chicks to get here. AS OF RIGHT NOW - 0 mortality out of 175 pullet chicks which I believe is unbeatable. The negative - chicks are obviously a bit more stressed and I hope they pull through. I definitely wanted to try some ISA browns and believe I will have an excellent shot at it now.
I really wish the boxes had been entered somewhere so tracking could be performed - my tracking number never showed up entered anywhere.

Last edited:
It is now around 3:14 am and I can't sleep so I figured I would check to see progress on shipping. None - still states package waiting to be shipped. I have called Townline twice and spoke with an elderly lady first then she transferred me to Katie. Called back later yesterday afternoon and was told to call back Monday........
I am really beginning to think the chicks never were shipped. I understand the lack of input from one post office but would assume some one is doing their job between Michigan and Missouri and some sort of progress would be evident with the tracking number.

I've actually shipped hatching eggs (with delivery confirmation) from Michigan and they were never scanned until the buyer actual picked them up at their post office.
he.gif
But it SHOULD be a different matter with live animals. It does sound like Townline may have had some issues. With the snow/ice storm we got hit with on Tuesday night, something may have prevented them from shipping.
hu.gif

I am sure that they were shipped if you have a tracking#. it was emailed to you when postage was put on the carton in the hatchery in Zeeland. All shippents are taken to the Grand rapids PO. I bet that they don't scan them there. By 2pm 95% of the days hatch were shipped on Wed.

If anyone has any ideas of how to help all the chicks gain strength feel free to input - I currently am feeding them ground up chick starter (I further grind the starter almost to a powder) and watering with about a tablespoon of sugar/vitamins/electrolytes per gallon of water. Seems they are all mostly calming down. The loud ones I pick up and make sure they have drank something by dipping their beaks in the waterers. Now I just continue to pray over them and hope I get a chance to raise them all....

Quote:
I dont want to defend the post office, but I run a business and ship over a thousand packages a year... I was too frustrated with tracking and politely informed if you look at it it says "Delivery Confirmation" Supposedly that barcode is to confirm delivery only, it is not guaranteed tracking! stupid, I agree!!

Back
Top Bottom