Goodbye Ducks - Happy Ending

Thank you ladies! I had written that in my post....but decided to edit as its clearly to late to save these poor ducks :(

But yes.....humans canNOT get lice from poultry! So wherever she got the lice from was another human and I would have everybody checked for it

The cousin probably got lice from a friend or at school, its pretty common with kids, especially if they share hats or brushes. Sad the ducks were falsely accused and discarded, I hope someone responsible finds them and rescues them.

Lily if I were you, I would let SOMEONE who knows something about ducks know the whereabouts of these ducks if you want to save them. They can catch them, treat them, and hopefully re-home them to a great place. Good luck hon.

Last edited:
Lily,

I am sorry that you had to get rid of your ducks. I know that you are sad not having them. I also know that you were just trying to do what you thought was the right thing to do in order to help your ducks, rather than eating them. I am sorry that your parents weren't willing to help you re-home your ducks more appropriately. I know this was a tough spot for you and that you had good intentions by releasing your ducks at a small pond that is frequented by people often. However, is is definitely a good idea to try to find an alternate home for your ducks where they will be under the care of humans, rather than left out at the lake. I know that you would be very sad if your ducks weren't able to survive through the winter months.

While you have not been able to call your ducks over to you at the pond, is there anyone in your community that may be willing to help you catch them? Perhaps you could post a request for help on craigslist?

I have never posted on craigsist before, but perhaps there is someone on this website who is more familiar with postings and can help you arrange for the re-capture of your ducks, as well as a possible place for them to go? I am sure that the animal lovers on this website would be happy to assist with whatever is possible over the computer.

*Is there anyone who thinks they may be able to help???

What is your primary language Lily?

Last edited:
I'm so sorry to hear of this ordeal, Lily. Where in New Mexico do you live? Maybe someone on here lives nearby and can help you try to catch the ducks and bring them to a new home. If not, hopefully they'll stay safe out there on the lake. If only I were closer, I'd be helping you out in a heartbeat. Good luck!
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom