Goodbye

chickenpredatorkiller

Chirping
8 Years
Aug 1, 2011
South Carolina
This is my "goodbye" all you fellow BYCers.... My family is moving to florida where my yard will be too small to have chickens so I had to part with my two precious girls. I had been through a lot with them, since they are the only 2 surviving out of the six I bought at TSC. They were like dogs to me, always following me and friendily pecking at my feet, waiting to be fed. Every time I would walk to the coop they would run as fast as their little legs would carry them, and sometimes hover rather ungracefully to get there fast. When it rained they were never smart enough to go inside the coop, they would always just sit out in the rain. They would also sleep outside instead of the perfectly good roost. Those were my perfect pets and now they are gone. Now Theres not much point in being active here so I must say goodbye. Sincerely,

Chickenpredatorkiller

Goodby? No point to being here?

I don't accept that, Chickenpredator. Where does it say that
one must have chickens in order to be here? So stay with us.
Enjoy chickens through us if you want to. Chickens without the
fuss.

The point to being here? Look around. We're all here as friends.
Because we want to be. I know I flip this board on everyday...
to be with my friends. Even the ones I don't talk to on a daily basis.

So don't leave now. 153 posts, you've only just begun. Stay. Tell us
about Florida. Bet we have a member ot two there. Maybe even
close to where you're going?

Tell us all sorts of things. Making new friends, staying in touch with
old ones. Always something to talk about here.

And remember the number one main reason to stay....

If you leave, you won't know what we say when we talk about you.

So you better stay tuned...

Spook.....(who no longer has chickens either, but it's a secret so don't
be telling anyone else.)

Spook's not kidding. I mean look at me - 2500+ posts, have you any idea how few of those have been about chickens? It's a bit embarrassing, really.
hide.gif

Seriously, Spook? No chickens? Is that the reason behind your "electric chicken" scheme?

Last edited:
I totally agree with Spook. In fact, I can't add anything to that! Well said.
thumbsup.gif
This forum is not just about chickens, it's about people who love chickens. So if you love chickens, stay. Who knows, you may get another small flock sooner than you think.

Hey. Spook! It suddenly occurred to me that cpk could be the perfect person to test out your electric chicken, aka the City Slicker Chicken, if it ever gets out of the design phase. What better than someone who actually had chickens, but had to give them up because they moved?

Don't leave Chickenpredatorkiller! I was on here for over a year before I finally got my chickens! I don't post a lot on here, mainly because I'm not good talking to people. It doesn't matter if you have chickens or not. You're a member of this "family"! Enjoy chickens through OUR posts and pictures.

You can always post things about Florida. Maybe you can find a farm nearby that has chickens and spend some time there. You never know!

But don't leave.

edited to add: I don't think you actually HAVE to own chickens to be a member of this site! As long as you like them, you're in!!! So stay!
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
Sorry you had to get rid of your hens. I hope the move to Florida will be a good one.In time I hope you will be able to have a few hens again.Shoot,those bantams could fit anywhere! Best wishes!

This is my "goodbye" all you fellow BYCers.... My family is moving to florida where my yard will be too small to have chickens so I had to part with my two precious girls. I had been through a lot with them, since they are the only 2 surviving out of the six I bought at TSC. They were like dogs to me, always following me and friendily pecking at my feet, waiting to be fed. Every time I would walk to the coop they would run as fast as their little legs would carry them, and sometimes hover rather ungracefully to get there fast. When it rained they were never smart enough to go inside the coop, they would always just sit out in the rain. They would also sleep outside instead of the perfectly good roost. Those were my perfect pets and now they are gone. Now Theres not much point in being active here so I must say goodbye. Sincerely,

Chickenpredatorkiller
Where in Florida??? Lots of peeps down here. I am sure you can find someone close to get your chickie fix.. We have over 500 members on the Fla. thread. And lots of swaps and stuff to do. Maye Ride the glide.......

Wow guys.... Thanks for all the support. I guess your right. I was on here a while before I got my chickies and I can stay even without them. Thanks for convincing me everyone!

@FlaRocky
Around the Ft.Myers area.

Thanks guys!

Back
Top Bottom