Goose egg turner for GQF incubator?

Sammbalina

Songster
5 Years
Oct 1, 2018
Shelby County, AL
I am hoping to incubate some goose eggs soon, along with some duck eggs. I have the GQF cabinet incubator and a few of the styrofoam type incubators. I really want to incubate them in the GQF, because of the better temp and humidity control. However, I haven't been able to find an egg tray that will work with goose eggs and allow for turning. Does anyone have any DIY egg trays they could share? I was thinking PVC pipe cut not quite in half (I would use the larger piece to put the eggs in) and attached to some sort of bars that would set in the turner bracket. I'm open to suggestions and other ideas!

I would make removable hardware cloth baskets/trays to fit shelf in incubator. 1 Square basket with dividers to fit the size of eggs needed, 1 basket per shelf if needed. You can get hardware cloth in small rolls already rubber coated is what I would use.

I am hoping to incubate some goose eggs soon, along with some duck eggs. I have the GQF cabinet incubator and a few of the styrofoam type incubators. I really want to incubate them in the GQF, because of the better temp and humidity control. However, I haven't been able to find an egg tray that will work with goose eggs and allow for turning. Does anyone have any DIY egg trays they could share? I was thinking PVC pipe cut not quite in half (I would use the larger piece to put the eggs in) and attached to some sort of bars that would set in the turner bracket. I'm open to suggestions and other ideas!
Gof makes a large egg tray. here is a link to incubator ware house https://incubatorwarehouse.com/products/large-egg-setting-tray?_pos=5&_sid=8e7f47b17&_ss=r

Back
Top Bottom