Goose/Geese Questions

Rare Feathers Farm

Crowing
11 Years
Apr 1, 2008
Pleasant Valley, (Okanogan) WA
My Coop
My Coop
Okay...so all SEVEN of the Sebastopol eggs I attempted to hatch didn't. Some were clear, one developed for about two weeks then died. The others looked good, but when I cracked them open, they were rotten, smelly & showed no signs of ever developing!?

Anyway, I'm not ready to completely give up on getting my hands on some geese....

So I had some questions....

I've heard that Chinese can be nasty & I don't want that.

Most specifically, I'd like BIG, NICE geese that can withstand cold temps & eat grass/weeds and are somewhat rare....I don't want a ton of them (maybe just a trio--one male & two females)....

So my other question is--what do you feed your geese during the winter months when there's no vegetation? We get 4+ feet of snow from about November 1st through April....

Okay....so Pros/cons of different breeds? Rare breed types? I don't want anything too common, but on the other hand, I would like something that's not too hard to hatch.
hmm.png

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know where in WA you are exactly (and you don't have to say) but have you tried Holderread's
http://www.holderreadfarm.com/index.htm

They are in Corvallis and it really doesn't need to be said that they have the best birds, though you will pay a best price for them. And you can arrange pick up if you are close enough for the drive.

Back
Top Bottom