Goose Incubation & Hatching Guide - Completed!!!!

Pics
Haha well thats very smart and creative!

the most important part.... love
love.gif

This was posted on another thread by one of our experienced goose people.

Hey Anna, Miss Lydia already posted the "bible" for hatching geese, but I'm happy answer questions since I want you to have a great hatch. I have had success by doing the following: maintaining 25% humidity, keeping them on sides and hand turning 3x daily, after 7 days, mist and cool eggs daily. I mark air cells with pencil on day 21. By day 25, I lay egg dip side up and stop turning. Once shadow rises above pencil line on bottom of egg (gosling moving into air cell), I lock down at 78-80% humidity and wait. If you have a kitchen scale, it is ideal to weigh eggs when setting them, then weigh on day 7, 14 & 21. Your ideal weight loss is 16% by day 28. You can adjust humidity and cooling periods based on checking weight weekly.

Ms. Lydia~ the bible was a little overwhelming to me as a first timer. Thank you for simplifying it for us newbies. I put my first batch of 11 in with my emu egg's that have an auto turner, but much lower humidity than what you recomended so I don't have much hope for those eggs. But I have another batch that I"m going to do in a table top incubator that I will care for my hand. Hoping for great results from those! Thanks for all your guidance!

My menagerie includes 5 horses, 3 dogs, 3 cats, 29 geese (mostly dewlap toulouse & african) and 15 assorted breed ducks.

Back
Top Bottom