Goose Incubation & Hatching Guide - Completed!!!!

Pics
I have a problem, I fed my African gosling medicated chick starter feed not knowing it would poison him and now he is weezing and what appears to be choking what can I do!!!

I have a problem, I fed my African gosling medicated chick starter feed not knowing it would poison him and now he is weezing and what appears to be choking what can I do!!!
The medicated feed on the market today shouldn't make him sick, but I wouldn't continue to feed it to him/her, just because they don't need the meds that are in it. I'd go with Purina Flock Raiser crumble. but about the weezing water fowl need water in a bowl or bucket deep enough to be able to wash out their nares and eyes if not they can get clogged up with feed. can your gosling wash out his nares real good.

It just occured to me that my baby goslings cant get their beaks in the waterer far enough to wash out their nasal cavities. Is this going to be a problem? I only have dishes deeper that they could also climb into. What does everyone use for babies water?

What do you suggest to use
when I have young I use a cheap plastic bowl that you can store left over in that has a lid, i cut out a hole just large enough for them to be able to stick their whole head into then as they grow i make the hole larger, till they can go outside, this way they can wash their faces but keep the brooder drier. You can put a heavy rock in the bottom to keep them from tipping the bowl over. Old cool whip bowl with lid or butter tub will work too.

here's another one
IMG_3860.jpg
always make sure the holes aren't big enough they can climb into them though.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom