Goose Incubation & Hatching Guide - Completed!!!!

Pics

I assisted... im not proud, no blood, no yolk sack in sight, may have made the right decision. Haha
The membrane was stuck to wing and eye. Probs due to low humidity and opening the incubator to float test on day 29 during lockdown. Its pushed out after i assisted, making lots of peeping. Im hopeful.
You should be proud, no need to feel any shame as you probably saved it. If this person hadn't assited their chick would be dead (story starts at post #402) https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/949865/2015-breeding-season/400#post_15223907

-Kathy

I just read through this thread 570 and up to here and if anyone deserves multiple ovations it would be Miss Lydia on this one. She was my online mentor for my "natural" incubation that resulted in 8 beautiful healthy goslings. But, the only problem on mine was me and my first timer panics. So, a hundred super ovations for Miss Lydia.
celebrate.gif
ya.gif
thumbsup.gif

I just read through this thread 570 and up to here and if anyone deserves multiple ovations it would be Miss Lydia on this one. She was my online mentor for my "natural" incubation that resulted in 8 beautiful healthy goslings. But, the only problem on mine was me and my first timer panics. So, a hundred super ovations for Miss Lydia.:celebrate :ya :thumbsup
Agreed! Not very strong, quite wobbly, but fluffed up.

Ill see how it gets on. Itll be a stuffed friend if the quail and it dont get on, havnt got access to any chicks, may request a few more eggs. The 1 day old goose towers above the 3 week old quail haha. Unbelievable! Have your goslings been wobbly or strong on day 1? Thankyou

I just read through this thread 570 and up to here and if anyone deserves multiple ovations it would be Miss Lydia on this one. She was my online mentor for my "natural" incubation that resulted in 8 beautiful healthy goslings. But, the only problem on mine was me and my first timer panics. So, a hundred super ovations for Miss Lydia.
celebrate.gif
ya.gif
thumbsup.gif
How about my panics since I have never used a bator .LOL. Thankfully we have Pete's guide and good ole common sense.And nadrojsack taking the chance and helping just at the right time in gosling getting out. Whew just happy it worked out so well.

Ill see how it gets on. Itll be a stuffed friend if the quail and it dont get on, havnt got access to any chicks, may request a few more eggs. The 1 day old goose towers above the 3 week old quail haha. Unbelievable! Have your goslings been wobbly or strong on day 1? Thankyou
Honestly I would not put a not on it's legs yet gosling in with 3 week old quail even if it is larger already. It takes alot out of them to hatch and yours worked long and hard, hopefully by tomorrow you'll see much improvement.

I know geese have certain problems with feed, will my heygates game micro pellets be okay, if i add the N stuff with brewers yeast to water. Ill double check it isnt.medicated, does any one.know.what to look for? Im sure.most feeds say if they are treated.

I know geese have certain problems with feed, will my heygates game micro pellets be okay, if i add the N stuff with brewers yeast to water. Ill double check it isnt.medicated, does any one.know.what to look for? Im sure.most feeds say if they are treated.

Most feeds say medicated on the bag, but your gosling won't be able to eat pellets for a while, so either crush or moisten. and dif add brewers yeast over top of feed. 1Tab to 1 cup of feed for 10-12 weeks. Also if you have fresh untreated grass your gosling will love that, no higher than 3" though and soft grasses not tough Geese are grazers and really love grass from the start. Of course along with the feed your giving for a balanced diet.

Back
Top Bottom