Goose Incubation & Hatching Guide - Completed!!!!

My chinese goose eggs are on day 27 and have not externally pipped. I know they are alive because they rock when I talk to them. At what point do you make an emergency tiny air hole like described in the article?
I did an air hole as soon as I saw they'd pipped internally, apparently it doesn't do them any harm and if it helps save one it's worth it!

We have 1 gosling hatched (4 hours after initial pipping) and 4 others have pipped.

20200425_072706.jpg

OMG CUTE! My eggs are rocking but I can't see an external pip. At day 28, should I follow the procedure to use a tiny drill bit (off the drill of course) and hand drill a tiny safety hole? If so, I will steam up the bathroom so it will be high humidity while I am doing it...

I didn't have any external pips until.late on day 29. So that's up to you. I had one pip at 8pm. Then I got up at 330am ( day 30- today) to check and there were 4 others pipped. Then at 730am one of the ones that pipped at 330 hatched. Then at 230 (an hour ago) the one that was pipped at 8pm last night hstched.

20200425_143140.jpg
20200425_143745.jpg

Chirping
So i have my geese eggs in a little giant. One of the goslings ( toulouse/chinese) keeps stretching and messing with the wires on the heating element. It was hatched out 10 hours ago but not fluffy. will it be okay? or should I go ahead and take it out and put it under a heat lamp? I just don't want it messing around and getting hurt.

20200425_143058.jpg

(The more yellow one in right)

possibly. I just worry because there are eggs that are pipped,too. but my humidity it at 91% so I don''t think opening up just eough to get him out will cause to to drop enough to shrink wrap?
Maybe put a small blanket or towel over and make a tent before you as you open and grab? Maybe just before you open have a spray bottle and and mist under your little tent? Do mama birds really sit without getting up for a second as they are hatching? Oh, one of my eggs just pipped and now I am waiting for the other..

Back
Top Bottom