goose questions

kmsek

Songster
8 Years
Feb 3, 2011
N Fla
I have a 11 wk old chinese brown gander he has been penned and let out frequently, we have to force him out of pen he's out a short time and then goes back in we have chickens that are turned out in the afternoon and they will not bother him .He has nipped our 90lb dog before what should I do close his pen and not let him back in ??
idunno.gif

I have a 11 wk old chinese brown gander he has been penned and let out frequently, we have to force him out of pen he's out a short time and then goes back in we have chickens that are turned out in the afternoon and they will not bother him .He has nipped our 90lb dog before what should I do close his pen and not let him back in ??
idunno.gif
i would suggest you watch you young goose around your 90lb dog because he is no match for your dog, no matter how tough he may think he is, and your goose needs a buddy. poor thing maybe large but is still a baby under there and probably scared.

idunno.gif

He might be scared of something, and sees the pen as a safe place, so I dont think closing the pen would be a good idea. Can you prop the door open for him to go in & out? I'm guessing your concern might be that he's not eating/ grazing enough, am I right?

Last edited:
Can you get your goose a companion? geese are flock animals and do much better if they have friends to hang out with to do goosie things. and GB maybe right, he is still a baby and probably scared of the big wide open spaces he see, he'd be alot braver with a friend. And he is vunerable to preds being all alone too. I hope you'll take this into consideration.
smile.png

Yes we leave the pen open but I think based on everything we need to get him a friend. Thanks for the help

Back
Top Bottom