Goose scratched his face with nails, anyone had this problem?

@Miss Lydia so my goose has been scratching sgain and its getting no better. Would she have a case of the mites?

here is a pic

Not yet, i was hoping it would be something i can help by buying in the pet store. Like Durvet Ivermectin if it was mites or something related. She is eating and energetic as nornmal, just the extensive scratching. I gave her a clean tub to clean herself. She free ranges on a lake we have here.

Not yet, i was hoping it would be something i can help by buying in the pet store. Like Durvet Ivermectin if it was mites or something related. She is eating and energetic as nornmal, just the extensive scratching. I gave her a clean tub to clean herself. She free ranges on a lake we have here.
Put some Apple cider vinegar in a bucket of water for her, 2 Tab to 1 gallon ACV can kill some bacteria and can help heal . Try that for 2-3 days and see if that helps. Lok real close at her skin for mites but if she swims and has a clean place to sleep I doubt its mites. Is she molting by chance?

Well its been weeks and the problem still persists:/ maybe its moulting...but its mainly her face. And she is scratching to the point of bleeding sometimes. I treated her with ivermacitin but nothing yet. Now she is broody and sits on her nest all day. But she is still scratching. I really have no clue what could be wrong :(

Back
Top Bottom