Goose with foot injury - stepped on

EldritchAcres

Chirping
5 Years
Mar 12, 2018
Hey all,

My sweetest goose, Goosezilla got in the way of my Nigerian dwarf goats when I brought them in the barn today and one of them stepped on the goose's foot.
I've brought them in like this for years and this is the first time it's happened but I'll be changing how I bring them in to prevent any future accidents.
There are two big blood bubbles (hematomas??) between the webbing, I don't know if I should lance them or what to do, to help recovery.

I'm worried about having any type of open wound and risking infection. I feel so so terrible for my sweet goose :(
1706151345631.png

Edit: Resolved! I posted in a facebook goose group, before this, it just required an approval and I was worried I needed to do something immediately. Thanks!

Glad that you got some answers. I am a retired RN, and I will usually never open a blister. They usually will open or go down on their own. In a barnyard, the are just too many fecal and other types of bacteria around to have an opening into skin.

Glad that you got some answers. I am a retired RN, and I will usually never open a blister. They usually will open or go down on their own. In a barnyard, the are just too many fecal and other types of bacteria around to have an opening into skin.
Thank you!!1
I'm keeping an eye on it and isolating the goose and watching to see if it goes down.
Also hello fellow Ohioan!

Back
Top Bottom