Gosling breed guess?

ElGoose

Songster
May 27, 2023
Both of the hatched goslings from Polly have this kind of black/dark marking on their beaks which neither Polly nor Sebastian (Sebastopol/embden) had when they we goslings, so I wonder if our steinbacher goose may be the dad? šŸ˜§ but Iā€™m not sure what steinbacher goslings look like! Here is the first gosling and the 2 potential fathers (the second gosling has even more prominent dark markings but I canā€™t get a good pic of it and donā€™t want to disturb Polly too much)
IMG_4968.jpeg

IMG_9306.jpeg

IMG_3477.jpeg

Yes, buff is recessive and carried by grey ganders. I've had fun playing color genetics with my buff and grey dewlap flock. Here is a pic of buff dewlap goslings (out of buff parents).
buff dewlap babies.jpg

Where did you get the Steinbacher?
He and another goose belonged to the previous owner of the house that passed away, when we moved in we kind of just adopted them however his goose was taken one night by someone sadly šŸ˜ž but heā€™s gotten along with our geese super well, really gentle and docile gander!

Yes, buff is recessive and carried by grey ganders. I've had fun playing color genetics with my buff and grey dewlap flock. Here is a pic of buff dewlap goslings (out of buff parents). View attachment 3822323
Oh my goodness thatā€™s so interestingā€¦ Iā€™ll have to get a proper pic of the 2 hatched goslings soon to show their beaks a bit more clearly but the markings look very similar! Although ours seem quite prominent and dark

He and another goose belonged to the previous owner of the house that passed away, when we moved in we kind of just adopted them however his goose was taken one night by someone sadly šŸ˜ž but heā€™s gotten along with our geese super well, really gentle and docile gander!
That's great, those are rare. I only know one place you can find them and they're expensive and they don't just give them to anyone.

That's great, those are rare. I only know one place you can find them and they're expensive and they don't just give them to anyone.
I saw online that theyā€™re quite rare! I love him though I could never give him up haha, theyā€™re such a lovely breed

Looks like we wonā€™t be getting any more hatches because sheā€™s come out of the shed and they followed so I got some better pictures and also a picture of Polly since she missed her lap cuddle hahaha
IMG_5024.jpeg

IMG_5023.jpeg
IMG_5016.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom