gosling convulses after drinking! HELP!!!

Just curious what the outcome of the gosling was. I have one doing this. Let me preface my statement. This gosling hatched 4-5 days ago and went from the incubator to a brooder with a shelf liner and straw under their radiant heat source (no wood chips). We have a total of 5 and only one is doing this. They have never run out of water since we put them in there, they get wet mash, and it only does it when drinking, not eating. We have been providing supplements to ensure it is not a deficiency: yeast, dried kelp, molasses, and a drop of Nutri-Drench straight by mouth.

Just curious how your gosling fared after time - did it possibly outgrow it? Did you ever confirm anything specific? We had a duckling about 2 yrs ago that did this a little but not anything to this degree. We provided the same care, and it seemed to "outgrow" it. It was rehomed with full disclosure, and we were told it was fine until the next year when it supposedly developed angel wing and a fox ended up getting it...?? IDK, that's just what I was told.

Back
Top Bottom