Gosling with a severed foot.

Ok!! So Hobart has found a forever home! He will stay with me until treatment is finished and then move in with his new family!

I need help locating someone with a gosling that can be his forever companion. I'd like to get him a friend ASAP so they know each other before the move. That way the move isn't so stressful, and he wodnt be alone... Well that's what I hope.

We are in Dallas, TX.... Anyone have a lead on a goose in these parts??
So exciting and happy to hear about Hobart having a new forever home. Couldn't have had a better ending for his new life. Try the Texas thread, and maybe even Starfire can help ya out since she knows folks on that thread.

Did I see a kiddie pool in Hobart's run yesterday? Does that mean he's getting to bathe now?

I can't seem to find anything about his injured wing in this thread; what was the problem with it?

He looks very happy and healthy, and his limp seems way less distinct. I'm still checking in on him every day!
smile.png

I'm so amazed at what technology can do. One click, and I get to watch Hobart on a porch in Texas. Live! When I was a kid, we didn't even have VCRs. I feel so old.

Did I see a kiddie pool in Hobart's run yesterday? Does that mean he's getting to bathe now?

I can't seem to find anything about his injured wing in this thread; what was the problem with it?

He looks very happy and healthy, and his limp seems way less distinct. I'm still checking in on him every day!
smile.png

I'm so amazed at what technology can do. One click, and I get to watch Hobart on a porch in Texas. Live! When I was a kid, we didn't even have VCRs. I feel so old.
What´s a VCR? (kidding...well, partly!)...when I was young I had an instamatic Kodak camera. Technology, eh?
tongue.png

p.s. Hobart had a little sore place under his wing.

Last edited:
Why don't you make a "meat safe" for him? I'm not sure what set up you've got - but esentially you need something up higher that him where you can put a bucket filled with water - if he is not in a cage as such you could put it on a chair. Soak a towel in water then secure one end in the bucket (put a brick or rock on it) then hang the other end down the side of the cage. The water wicks down the towel and cools the air - if there is a breeze it works even better - just need to fill the bucket occasionally.
Just read this, tillyita. What a simple remedy. I´ll remember this one for my lot here.

What´s a VCR? (kidding...well, partly!)...when I was young I had an instamatic Kodak camera. Technology, eh?
tongue.png

p.s. Hobart had a little sore place under his wing.
I still have my instamatic maybe worth some money one day
lol.png
we also still have our VCR. Have some viideos of some older movies like OldYeller that I love to watch on it.

I still have my instamatic maybe worth some money one day
lol.png
we also still have our VCR. Have some viideos of some older movies like OldYeller that I love to watch on it.
We sold all our stuff when we moved here, so we bought everything new, which was expensive, so I had to learn to use it a bit quick! Actually, what I learned was to call my son! He has the x-box all connected up to the DVD player, and once in ablue moon when I want to watch a DVD, I can´t use the thing! He finds it amusing having a tech-thick mum, and seems to enjoy coming to the rescue. ;)

We sold all our stuff when we moved here, so we bought everything new, which was expensive, so I had to learn to use it a bit quick! Actually, what I learned was to call my son! He has the x-box all connected up to the DVD player, and once in ablue moon when I want to watch a DVD, I can´t use the thing! He finds it amusing having a tech-thick mum, and seems to enjoy coming to the rescue. ;)
Yep them younger folk know alot more than I do about electronics, I even have a hard time with the remote control for the TV, that is when I actually get to hold it. I didn't even have my first computer till 2009 I am way behind.
old.gif

Yes, but you have real geese and ducks and chickens...they have virtual! No contest! ;)
Boy that's for sure I'd rather be outside spending time with my flock as to be holding one of those gadgets in my hand completely absorbed in it. I had my ducks and geese way before I even knew BYC existed. It's a wonder I didn't kill them all.
lol.png
kinda like how we raised our kids, those of us that didn't have all these people telling us how to do it,. Why we didn't even use seat belts or car seats when Our kids were small. Didn't have too. It's a wonder they made it. Not that there is anything wrong with using these things we just didn't need them when we used horse and buggy. lol well I'm not quite that old.

Boy that's for sure I'd rather be outside spending time with my flock as to be holding one of those gadgets in my hand completely absorbed in it. I had my ducks and geese way before I even knew BYC existed. It's a wonder I didn't kill them all.
lol.png
kinda like how we raised our kids, those of us that didn't have all these people telling us how to do it,. Why we didn't even use seat belts or car seats when Our kids were small. Didn't have too. It's a wonder they made it. Not that there is anything wrong with using these things we just didn't need them when we used horse and buggy. lol well I'm not quite that old.
old.gif
yuckyuck.gif

Back
Top Bottom