Goslings of 2015 Hatch-a-Long

My geese dislike the ducks but loath chickens. Boris loves roosters that challenge him. A rooster a few years would not back off to save his life. Are Babe and Sammy fighting? I sure hope not.

My geese dislike the ducks but loath chickens. Boris loves roosters that challenge him. A rooster a few years would not back off to save his life. Are Babe and Sammy fighting? I sure hope not.
Nope no fighting at all YET and sure hope they won't.
My rooster who is game/bantam use to challenge any drake or gander but since the other geese came he does not go after them or any of the drakes except my old guy I have seen hm jump at some of the ducks though but he'll even do that with some of the LF hens. He's going on 6 yrs old so we're hoping to get a roo this year from him and my lil game bantam hen. I don't want LF rooster with my bantams they scare the life out of them.
roll.png

I have seen Missy and Toots going in to the houses now and noodling around in the shaving so I think egg laying is getting close.

My top ganders like to intimidate the rams. Head down, pick up speed, hisssssss... maybe a little poke. The most response they get is *maybe* the target ram will blink. Gander reactions range from sheepish walking away to a strutting 'I told him, yes I did!'. The ram might blink again....

The ganders tolerate the ducks and chickens, tho' the geese like to intimidate the smaller birds. And maybe a cat if they're really feeling it! They're all very silly. PoPo doesn't count as anything other than 'top' waterfowl since she actually likes to bully them! Keeps them humble I guess. Gets her in trouble!

My top ganders like to intimidate the rams. Head down, pick up speed, hisssssss... maybe a little poke. The most response they get is *maybe* the target ram will blink. Gander reactions range from sheepish walking away to a strutting 'I told him, yes I did!'. The ram might blink again....

The ganders tolerate the ducks and chickens, tho' the geese like to intimidate the smaller birds. And maybe a cat if they're really feeling it! They're all very silly. PoPo doesn't count as anything other than 'top' waterfowl since she actually likes to bully them! Keeps them humble I guess. Gets her in trouble!
Sounds like you have a unique group there.More pics when you get time.

He's not been the same since. :lol:  

:( sorry he didnt turn out to be a goose. I still wonder with forest every once in awhile.

how much property they need, and a half acre isn't very much evidently :/

mine like the room they have they like staying in one area under the trampoline

They started flinging the ducks and chickens first and then started on the other geese and when it started it wasnt even breeding season.

Wow!
Flinging? like picking up and throwing?
What is it with these geese. I love mine but Sting seems to only want to get to the ducks with evil intent in his heart. He charges them at the fence, flies over the fence after them, all the time being egged on by Pauline and Lydia.

how old are they? I hope Ollie doesn't start doing that my space is a way to little to have fighting birds. my Cayuga boys are fighting with my Muscovy Drake the Drake is 15 pounds he is going to end up killing them so I have to keep them separated. what I think is weird is the Cayuga boys don't bother the Cayuga girl but they try to rape the Muscovy girls. The scovy girls get attacked and start screaming.

My top ganders like to intimidate the rams.  Head down, pick up speed, hisssssss...  maybe a little poke.  The most response they get is *maybe* the target ram will blink.  Gander reactions range from sheepish walking away to a strutting 'I told him, yes I did!'.  The ram might blink again....

The ganders tolerate the ducks and chickens, tho' the geese like to intimidate the smaller birds.  And maybe a cat if they're really feeling it!  They're all very silly.  PoPo doesn't count as anything other than 'top' waterfowl since she actually likes to bully them!  Keeps them humble I guess.  Gets her in trouble!

[/quote please post a pic

Hi! New to posting here but have lurked often. I have American buff geese and am hoping they give me some eggs this year. They are only 10 months or so, so I know they won't be that successful, but I'm hoping for a few babies this year. They should start laying soon if they are going to right?

Kinda off topic, but are geese normally pretty mean with other babies? Last spring/summer, when my geese were still quite young, they would go after my ducklings. They got a hold of one and slammed it down and the poor thing didn't make it. I was kind of surprised to see them do that, and after that had to be much more careful then in the past.

Excited for hatching this year (I already have chicken eggs in the incubator!)

Hi! New to posting here but have lurked often. I have American buff geese and am hoping they give me some eggs this year. They are only 10 months or so, so I know they won't be that successful, but I'm hoping for a few babies this year. They should start laying soon if they are going to right?

Kinda off topic, but are geese normally pretty mean with other babies? Last spring/summer, when my geese were still quite young, they would go after my ducklings. They got a hold of one and slammed it down and the poor thing didn't make it. I was kind of surprised to see them do that, and after that had to be much more careful then in the past.

Excited for hatching this year (I already have chicken eggs in the incubator!)
My three Toulouse geese demonstrate enough aggressive behavior toward my chickens and ducks that I finally had to put them in their own space. And, they still want to get at the other birds in really aggressive manner.

Back
Top Bottom