Goslings of 2015 Hatch-a-Long

Hi haven't done pics for a while my camera broke but all fixed now and will be post more often here are some pics of them from today its funny one of my ducks thinks he is a goose and hangs out with them all day

Hi haven't done pics for a while my camera broke but all fixed now and will be post more often here are some pics of them from today its funny one of my ducks thinks he is a goose and hangs out with them all day

Their all beautiful, and the gozzies have really grown up. Funny about the duck liking to hang out with the geese.

Last edited:
I even saw someone post the other day their Muscovy's were laying eggs already and they were in Canada. LOL
Please post some pics of your swans I'd love to see them, this is what I know of Swans mainly nothing except the video on you tube showing the swan attacking a gosling and the parents attacking the swan have you seen that. Someone posted the link last year. So that is my mental image of swans. How many do you have?

We have three...a pair of mutes and a male Australian. His mate died in October and we haven't found him a new one yet. We are undecided if we are going to get another or try and find him a new home. I haven't seen the YouTube video, but will have to look it up.

I will have to post pictures when im not on my iPad. I do love them.

We have three...a pair of mutes and a male Australian. His mate died in October and we haven't found him a new one yet. We are undecided if we are going to get another or try and find him a new home. I haven't seen the YouTube video, but will have to look it up.

I will have to post pictures when im not on my iPad. I do love them.
I didn't even know there were Australian swans now I have to go look it up.

I am sorry for not being here for a while but I've been busy anyway with all the aggressive gander things mine chase the ducks away but never hurt the chickens and the ducks never got hurt i guess all geese like certain and thngs and others dont

Sting has been mating with both Pauline and Lydia for a while now. I noticed, when I put them to bed tonight, that Pauline's "undercarriage" from her legs back is noticable larger than usual. Does this mean anything. To they get larger when they are about to lay an egg? Is it something I need to watch and worry about?

I am sorry for not being here for a while but I've been busy anyway with all the aggressive gander things mine chase the ducks away but never hurt the chickens and the ducks never got hurt i guess all geese like certain and thngs and others dont
Hi nate good to see you!

Sting has been mating with both Pauline and Lydia for a while now. I noticed, when I put them to bed tonight, that Pauline's "undercarriage" from her legs back is noticable larger than usual. Does this mean anything. To they get larger when they are about to lay an egg? Is it something I need to watch and worry about?
Sounds to me you might see an egg soon. I wouldn't worry just make sure she has plenty of good feed and extra Oyster shell if she wants it. You can post a pic if you want but flockman posted the other day he was noticing a difference in his females under carriage.

So I have a duckling! The little darling hatched last night while I was sleeping. I started with 11 eggs, lost 2 to infertility, and 1 just died during development. Of the 8 duck eggs left, I see signs of hatching, and the one already out in 5 of the eggs! I am so excited, as this is my first hatching, and I incubated them because my broody's were not doing it right.

I am setting up a nursery for the babies, I have an egg zipping so my first darling will have a buddy soon. Can anyone give me any pointers on what I should do next to ensure they stay healthy? I have heard the it's difficult to teach ducklings to eat.

I also set 2 batches of goose eggs, the first batch should hatch late next week.

Picture of my first baby! Isn't he/she beautiful!

Sorry about the bad lighting. I literally just woke up

Last edited:
So all my ducklings are out, 6 in total. They all appear strong and healthy. Now I'm waiting on the lone fertile goose egg that is due to hatch tomorrow or the day after. I originally set 2, but 1 wasn't fertile, so I'm grateful the lone gosling will have duckling friends. The other goose are are due to hatch 11 days from now, and the last set are due 5 days later. Then it's break time for me and my incubator, unless I get another request for babies, lol. I think I have hatching fever!

Here are my Cayuga ducklings.

Back
Top Bottom