Goslings of 2015 Hatch-a-Long

Pilgrim egg #3! Pretty sure who is laying, they tend to stay to themselves as a pair these days. I definitely know the female of that pair layed todays egg since the rest of the flock are in their 'time out' pen for heading down to the road again.
big_smile.png
She's laying an egg every other day so far, if she's the one responsible for all 3.

Need more bator space!!!! I wish I could set a toaster oven to the correct temp. How simple would that be! Ha! I know I should break them open to see if they're fertilized but that's not nearly as fun as setting them and then being insanely obsessive waiting for a week to candle and see if anythings going on! Right?

Last edited:
Pilgrim egg #3!  Pretty sure who is laying, they tend to stay to themselves as a pair these days.  I definitely know the female of that pair layed todays egg since the rest of the flock are in their 'time out' pen for heading down to the road again. :D       She's laying an egg every other day so far, if she's the one responsible for all 3.  

Need more bator space!!!!  I wish I could set a toaster over to the correct temp.  How simple would that be!  Ha!  I know I should break them open to see if their fertilized but that's not nearly as fun as setting them and then being insanely obsessive waiting for a week to candle and see if anythings going on!  Right?  

RIGHT

Serv, Beautiful pictures! I drool over your buffs!

8, I can help you out with goose eggs if you are interested.

Still no eggs or nest making here. Not even sure if there is breeding. We separated the flock the other day, as I have 5 and we believe 3 are males. So we put a trio in a separate pen and they weren't too excited about it. Just hoping we really did put two females and a male together.

Still no eggs or nest making here. Not even sure if there is breeding. We separated the flock the other day, as I have 5 and we believe 3 are males. So we put a trio in a separate pen and they weren't too excited about it. Just hoping we really did put two females and a male together.
At this time of year It should be pretty easy to tell gander from goose. Ganders will be the ones being aggressive.
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom