Goslings of 2015 Hatch-a-Long

So, I found a goose egg last week and was quite excited, but I haven't found another one since. They have a house and straw and hay and other things to build a nest with and they haven't done anything with it. The lone egg I found was out in the middle of the pen. I keep hoping I'll find more, I'd think they would be laying more by now, but maybe since they are still young they won't do much?

Aww that's too bad, hows the gosling doing? You have more to hatch soon right? 

It's is doing great drinking and eating
There are 10 more in the incubator

Last edited:

It's is doing great drinking and eating
There are 10 more in the incubator
If it's by itself you can put a mirror in with it [no sharp edges]so when the next batch hatch it will know it's a goose and be able to relate to the next ones coming into the brooder. It's adorable.

Congrats on the gosling! I learned a neat trick from a friend recently for brooding solo babies. Hang a feather duster upside down in brooder, as it will give the baby a place to snuggle under that simulates being under momma goose.

Thanks Miss L Now if i could get someone to tell me what breed my ducks are i will be happy. Members on The duck forum are a bit pre occupied with other threads and havent answered. A newbie(their 1st post ever) tried to tell me they were call duck mixes lol they are too big to have call duck in them.
At first i thought they were welsh harlequins but then i found pics of saxony ducks and those are almost identical to mine.

Thanks Miss L Now if i could get someone to tell me what breed my ducks are i will be happy. Members on The duck forum are a bit pre occupied with other threads and havent answered. A newbie(their 1st post ever) tried to tell me they were call duck mixes lol they are too big to have call duck in them.
At first i thought they were welsh harlequins but then i found pics of saxony ducks and those are almost identical to mine.
Wheres you thread 8? I maybe able to help. But Saxony wow that would be awesome .

I candled my eggs out of 24 i started with i have 19 still chugging a long. 9 blue swedish and 10 pekin x blue swedish. Its day 8 and they have good veins started.
I should have some goose eggs soon to put in since things seem to be starting up here finally. Then i can be in on this 2015 hatch. Will definately have my own duck's eggs to try.

Back
Top Bottom