Goslings of 2015 Hatch-a-Long

Today I put in 7 Buff-African eggs
smile.png

On the 28th of April they are due
big_smile.png
thumbsup.gif

I think I can join in now, too. My production Toulouse goose has officially gone broody in the past couple of days. I have a couple of dewlap eggs, a buff Toulouse egg, and a white African egg under her. She has hatched babies the last two years, so I am pretty sure she will hatch at least one baby. One of my buff dewlap girls appears to be wanting to go broody, too. Strange as it is very early in season and I'm grabbing all but a few eggs from their nests.
hu.gif

Sure is! It had a bit of blood on it that usually means first time laying if it is then its my spotted gosling. It is huge though. Stormy will be 2 this year and Ethel will be 3 yrs old. Im going to have to paint bottoms again probably.

Sorry, but paint bottoms? Like what they do with livestock to know who bred whom but to tell whose egg is whose? What did you use?

Last year i had a bunch of geese. Some of them were young ones i had raised that i wasnt sure about. So when eggs started appearing i took liquid food coloring and swabbed all the geese's vents with it. Each a different color. It dries then when the eggs came out it moistened and colored the eggs. Then i matched egg color to colored bottom.
Here are a few of the eggs

Back
Top Bottom