Goslings of 2015 Hatch-a-Long

We'll my sebbies are doing great exept yesterday I had the babies out with me in the field so they could eat some grass and one of my Jersey cows stepped on my male sebbies foot and i for sure thought it was broken from the way he was walking but within a few hours he was back to normal!!! Im sooo thankful that God made them flexible enough that it doesnt break that easlily!!

We'll my sebbies are doing great exept yesterday I had the babies out with me in the field so they could eat some grass and one of my Jersey cows stepped on my male sebbies foot and i for sure thought it was broken from the way he was walking but within a few hours he was back to normal!!! Im sooo thankful that God made them flexible enough that it doesnt break that easlily!!
Wow nate I think I'd keep the gosling away from the cows they could accidentally step on the whole goslings and kill it. Glad to hear it's foot is okay.

Good Monday morning to you all! I have an LG 9300 incubator that I rigged with an old computer fan over the heating element to convert it to forced air. I have read Pete's completed guide to incubating geese, and will be referring to his OP regularly throughout the process. There are currently 11 eggs in the bator, which I received from a lady who had been given a pair of African dewlap geese as a rescue. She says they hatched out some goslings last year, but she didn't want them to hatch out anymore, so she gathered the egg daily and kept them in the tack room of her barn. The tack room has been at around 45 deg F, and she turned them once a day since she has been gathering them. She said she didn't know if they were fertile eggs, so she didn't charge me anything for them.
I met her on Saturday morning and she gave me the cardboard box with the eggs nestled in it. When I arrived home, I wiped the eggs off with a damp washcloth and weighed each one, recording their weight in a notebook. I marked, in pencil, each egg with an X and O on alternate sides, as well as their letter designation of A through K. I set them at approximately 2:30pm EST that day, and left them completely alone until the same time yesterday when I turned them. The incubator is at 99.1 deg F, and sitting at 35 percent humidity.

Anyone care to share how to put the food coloring on the vent to see who is laying? I have a trio of sebs with a white Chinese goose and mixed breed gander. I've collected 5 eggs so far but I think it is the White Chinese.:( Don't really want to set them but most likely will if I can get one more.
Also is anyone marking the ganders to see who is marking who?
I have a brand new Farm Innovators 4250. Any good links to incubating geese and ducks?
Thanks

The best guide for incubating waterfowl is found in the sticky section at the top of the goose forum.

Back
Top Bottom