Goslings of 2015 Hatch-a-Long

W
Block her from getting near the nest. I just had to do that with mine. Did it last year with her too. She went broody on a golf ball & im hoping she will start laying again since she only gave me 6 eggs.

When my goose stops at like 7 I mess up her nest and feed her a bit of layer and shoo her and the gander into the pond three days in a row =) I'm incubating her second and third set right now for a season total of 16 so far from my brothers 10month embden. Good luck

This is the lone Hatcher from the first set.

Block her from getting near the nest. I just had to do that with mine. Did it last year with her too. She went broody on a golf ball & im hoping she will start laying again since she only gave me 6 eggs.
Hmm, I'm going to try this with one of my geese who went broody this weekend. Was wondering what to do. Feel bad messing her nest, she's made it so nicely. But not sure I want her to just sit there for weeks already!

Number 14 is finally out. A little swedish. Id been watching him since early Sunday morning. Slowly helping since last night. He seems fine & healthy just couldnt do it on his own.
Ducks are done until next week when 4 more are due. 14 more were set Saturday along with 3 goose eggs that i am depending on tremendously to be fertile & hatch. If not i will be traveling to the feed store when they get goslings in. Last year they had Poms but i didnt get any because i had plenty of geese.

I've been having the same issue =/ trying to show my three year old how to shoo the gander that follows me around the yard and hisses at everything lol

Yeah, I've told my daughter not to run from them but she did anyway and now they know she is afraid. One bit her on the leg the other day and he is lucky he is still alive. My husband is not fond of animals that hurt our daughter. Just gotta make it through breeding season or hope someone buys them from me.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom