Goslings of 2015 Hatch-a-Long

So far there are 11!
thumbsup.gif
Congrats!!!

Are we going to have a goslings and teen thread soon?! :D

Here's all my babies, eight geese and one special needs duck in their brooder.

I LOVE this brooder idea, I got it off of Matt from 50 Ducks in a Hot Tub on YouTube. It's an XL kiddie-pool with two inches of bedding and a metal dog run/pin wrapped around it so when the geese get bigger they can't jump out, and it keeps the dogs and cats from sticking their face in it. Plus if you don't have a lot of birds the bedding lasts for so long. I've had eight geese and one duck in there since Friday and I haven't changed the bedding once. You can barely see any poop and when they do poop the bedding just soaks it up. And it doesn't smell at all!!

Are we going to have a goslings and teen thread soon?! :D

Here's all my babies, eight geese and one special needs duck in their brooder.

I LOVE this brooder idea, I got it off of Matt from 50 Ducks in a Hot Tub on YouTube. It's an XL kiddie-pool with two inches of bedding and a metal dog run/pin wrapped around it so when the geese get bigger they can't jump out, and it keeps the dogs and cats from sticking their face in it. Plus if you don't have a lot of birds the bedding lasts for so long. I've had eight geese and one duck in there since Friday and I haven't changed the bedding once. You can barely see any poop and when they do poop the bedding just soaks it up. And it doesn't smell at all!!

Wow I would never had thought of that it is such a good idea would love to try it on my next batch also how could I forget they are so cute what breeds are they

Last edited:
Wow! I have 15 goslings that have hatched 2 more eggs are currently hatching and 2 more eggs in the nest. We will see how many goslings the 2 girls hatch! I am thrilled with the hatch rate! If the two hatching make it I would have almost 90% hatch rate. We shall see what happens with the two hatching and the other 2 eggs.

Wow! I have 15 goslings that have hatched 2 more eggs are currently hatching and 2 more eggs in the nest. We will see how many goslings the 2 girls hatch! I am thrilled with the hatch rate! If the two hatching make it I would have almost 90% hatch rate. We shall see what happens with the two hatching and the other 2 eggs.
That's alot of gosling flock man Congrats Hope the rest hatch!!

Back
Top Bottom