Goslings of 2015 Hatch-a-Long

Today is day 30 for the goose eggs i had in the incubator and then slipped under the goose. Im still waiting to see anything from her, its a cool rainy day today so i wont be able to go check on her until this evening. The eggs are from a toulouse/embden goose so they could take up to 32-34 days.

My last batch of duck eggs are in lockdown im expecting atleast 12. Im very excited about one certain egg, last week i dropped it by accident it bounced off the cabinet that i have the bator on and completely caved in the pointed end of the egg. I ran & found an old candle and melted the wax onto the dent & cracks(nothing was leaking) im happy to say it is one of 3 that has already externally pipped!! It also has a very loud peeper!

Mine like to start hatching as soon as it starts raining they pop like there's no tomorrow especially the ducks =)
I am so glad that one is hatching, I hope there's no lasting damage done.

Last edited:

The first to hatch! I think it's a boy, he will be named Lemon after our Embden that died! Think he'll be all white or dilute gray?

The first to hatch! I think it's a boy, he will be named Lemon after our Embden that died! Think he'll be all white or dilute gray?
Congrats ! Sure is precious. remember to keep your gosling on something they can get traction with their feet. What ever happened to your lil Call duck that had spraddle leg?

Back
Top Bottom