Goslings of 2015 Hatch-a-Long

I've been putting niacin in his water, he doesn't favor it. I put him on a towel and he walks pretty well for how old he is. I'll give it a few days. I have some four day old buff and Toulouse goslings, when I put him in with them he does the SCREEEEAM thing.
When did this gosling hatch? Can you put it with it's mama? have you tried to introduce? Geese love babies so maybe try seeing how the adults take to it, i don't mean go out and leave it with them but just take it out and see how they all react? You still have the parents right?

When did this gosling hatch? Can you put it with it's mama? have you tried to introduce? Geese love babies so maybe try seeing how the adults take to it, i don't mean go out and leave it with them but just take it out and see how they all react? You still have the parents right?

Yes Kiwi and Mango! I'll bring him out here. Will they adopt more goslings? They already adopted Pear Jr, Cherry, and Berry who are four weeks old

I feel kind of dumb right now.. I can't remember how old these embdens are... The ones with the babysitter.

Yes Kiwi and Mango! I'll bring him out here. Will they adopt more goslings? They already adopted Pear Jr, Cherry, and Berry who are four weeks old
Four weeks with a 14 hour old gosling might be a bit risky. You need to be there with them constantly while they get used to each other. The baby will grow pretty fast but it will be at least 6-8 weeks before they are essentially the same size. They can hurt him baddly if you are not there to stop things if they get out of hand plus his little size means he could easily get trampled and killed.

Four weeks with a 14 hour old gosling might be a bit risky. You need to be there with them constantly while they get used to each other. The baby will grow pretty fast but it will be at least 6-8 weeks before they are essentially the same size. They can hurt him baddly if you are not there to stop things if they get out of hand plus his little size means he could easily get trampled and killed.

So how long should I stay around per day? Let them hang out for a few hours? More/less?

So how long should I stay around per day? Let them hang out for a few hours? More/less?
More or less based on their behavior. Maybe only a few moments maybe much more. The adults may determine how things are going to go. They may adopt he or reject him. You are going to have to pay very close attention, don't turn your back for a moment and be ready to rescue him if need be. It is going to probably take some time and it may not work at all until he is much older and larger.

More or less based on their behavior. Maybe only a few moments maybe much more. The adults may determine how things are going to go. They may adopt he or reject him. You are going to have to pay very close attention, don't turn your back for a moment and be ready to rescue him if need be. It is going to probably take some time and it may not work at all until he is much older and larger.

When I introduced the original three to Kiwi and Mango, Kiwi hissed and attacked them but Mango really liked them I think, since she had her eggs taken away after the explosion I guess she thought they were what came out

Back
Top Bottom