Goslings of 2015 Hatch-a-Long

All is good, we have 2 babies.
celebrate.gif
One female and one that just hatched at 11:30. Cant wait to see if we have two sisters or a brother and sister.
Thanks for all the help everyone. My first time hatching and all went well.
wee.gif

I will post pics as soon as i load them.
Awesome news!!! they sure are precious.

Ms. Lydia, The second baby that hatched is very large and has trouble holding its head up. its better than when it hatched and is all dried. We are trying to give it electrolyte,vitamin water. Any suggestions.

This is Penelope very active little thing. Weighed in at 4oz.

This is either Goliath or Madea. HAHA Can lift its head but is sleeping a lot.

Ms. Lydia, The second baby that hatched is very large and has trouble holding its head up. its better than when it hatched and is all dried. We are trying to give it electrolyte,vitamin water. Any suggestions.

This is Penelope very active little thing. Weighed in at 4oz.

This is either Goliath or Madea. HAHA Can lift its head but is sleeping a lot.

More than likely just needs to rest, that is hard work hatching. You know they can live off yolk for up to 3 days so don't worry to much if they aren't interested in eating or drinking. and be very careful water doesn't go down wrong way when giving water. Best to just dribble onto bill and let them take it that way.

Is that grass? they don't need it until they can have grit too, no way for them to grind it up other wise and it can get clogged up. Grass is after they can go outside and get their own grit or you put it inside their brooder after they are up on their feet good.

Last edited:
OK Thanks we will take it out. We have only dribbled it on his beak. He is doing way better. You are right just needed rest. He is really big 108gm. She was only 100gm. I really don't know how much they should weigh. And good news, we have a boy. Goliath. So one girl and one boy.
Thanks
Hope

Last edited:
OK Thanks we will take it out. We have only dribbled it on his beak. He is doing way better. You are right just needed rest. He is really big 108gm. She was only 100gm. I really don't know how much they should weigh. And good news, we have a boy. Goliath. So one girl and one boy.
Thanks
Hope
thumbsup.gif
how nice to have one of each but I thought you said 3 had hatched?

Back
Top Bottom