Goslings of 2015 Hatch-a-Long

It is still moving but its weird how i can see into the egg where it should be black. I wondered if maybe the chick had absorbed the yolk and thats why there is a void. I sure wish Pete was on here. Maybe he has had experience with this.
Hope
Keep everyone posted as we are coming to the end of the 30 days.
Lets see if we can get @psue attention

I've not seen that. My best guess would be absorption and position of the baby. If it hasn't externally pipped I would at least make an air hole, since it's full term.

thanks PSUE, I will do that. my mind told me to do that from how much i learned from pete but i didn't feel that i knew enough to make that decision.
I will keep you guys updated.
Hope

I think those are the bands that fall off after a certain amount of days? You can use zip ties to band then, cut them off and replace them every 5 days. Eventually you won't need to replace them.

I think those are the bands that fall off after a certain amount of days? You can use zip ties to band then, cut them off and replace them every 5 days. Eventually you won't need to replace them.
I use zip ties too, I have a couple chickens that are twins so I put zip ties on one of the girls leg so when I go to worm I don't worm the same one 2X one nice thing is once they are grown you don't have to worry about them getting too tight.

I use zip ties too, I have a couple chickens that are twins so I put zip ties on one of the girls leg so when I go to worm I don't worm the same one 2X one nice thing is once they are grown you don't have to worry about them getting too tight. 

Yeah they're great! I have a note book we call the book of geese and the first page is all the geese numbered, their band color combo, their breed, hatch date, and if the have one their name. And when I sex them I add an M or an F at the end

Yepper it is coban tape. It only sticks to itself and is stretchy. I use it on cuts on my fingers. Stays put but super flexible and easy to take off. I change it every other day or after they swim so its always dry. I use zip ties on my grown chickens and geese and I have a book too hahaha

They are so cute, but leg bands make me nervous watch them close they can get tight over night. Are you keeping them?

Haven't decided if we will keep them or not. I want them but can't breed them since all the geese I have are their parents. Wish I could trade them. haha All my adults are from Celtic Oaks exhibition dewlaps. The blood line on them is very good and no crosses. My grays are from gray line only and my buffs are the same way. My female grey is the offspring of the Florida state fair champ Gandalph . So they are nice babies but not sure what I will do with them.

Back
Top Bottom