Goslings of 2015 Hatch-a-Long

Beautiful. Have you named her yet?

Not yet, haha we want something really unique. I have 2 more that should hatch in the next few days.
fl.gif

Cheer me on . HAHA

Here is the new baby with our 3 week old gosling. What a huge difference in size.
ep.gif

they didn't even bother the little one. I can't believe I have been so blessed to have this many hatch.

Here is the new baby with our 3 week old gosling. What a huge difference in size.
ep.gif

they didn't even bother the little one. I can't believe I have been so blessed to have this many hatch.
isn't it amazing how fast they grow too. I had a hatch of 8 Toulouse goslings this year (giving me 11 Toulouse total) that went from being tiny little balls of down to adult sized in only 4 months...here they are today at just barely 4 months old...

isn't it amazing how fast they grow too. I had a hatch of 8 Toulouse goslings this year (giving me 11 Toulouse total) that went from being tiny little balls of down to adult sized in only 4 months...here they are today at just barely 4 months old...

Now that is amazing can you tell who's who?

ep.gif

Now that really shows how fast they grow. they are beautiful goslings and good to hear your older ones aren't picking on the tiny baby..

I can still tell who the original three are but as for the others...well, they all look alike to me...at this point. They are beginning to manifest unique personalities though.
How about voices can you tell gander from goose by voice or are they still sounding like goslings in large bodies? lol Actually Toots my female Buff has a shrill honk doesn't sound lady like at all. Missy does so maybe it comes with age.

How about voices can you tell gander from goose by voice or are they still sounding like goslings in large bodies? lol Actually Toots my female Buff has a shrill honk doesn't sound lady like at all. Missy does so maybe it comes with age.
I have begun to notice differences in their honks but have not associated one or the other as gander or goose. I am pretty sure there are at least three ganders just based on their hanging out with Sting and following his example. Also, Sting and the three I think are ganders are the ones that stand upright on watchout duty when they are way out in the field grazing. All the ones I think are female have developed or are developing the paunch. Lydia and Pauline have fully recovered their paunches from before and almost drag the ground.

Back
Top Bottom