Goslings of 2015 Hatch-a-Long

I have begun to notice differences in their honks but have not associated one or the other as gander or goose. I am pretty sure there are at least three ganders just based on their hanging out with Sting and following his example. Also, Sting and the three I think are ganders are the ones that stand upright on watchout duty when they are way out in the field grazing. All the ones I think are female have developed or are developing the paunch. Lydia and Pauline have fully recovered their paunches from before and almost drag the ground.
Those ladies need girdles. It's funny isn't it how the boys tend to gravitate to the gander and get all they need by watching. same here with Sammy and Babe Missy will nip at Toots if she tries to get too close when Missy is munching on grass or meal worms.But they are so joined at the hip which is such a sweet thing to me. More so probably with you seeing it with your 11.

isn't it amazing how fast they grow too. I had a hatch of 8 Toulouse goslings this year (giving me 11 Toulouse total) that went from being tiny little balls of down to adult sized in only 4 months...here they are today at just barely 4 months old...

isn't it amazing how fast they grow too. I had a hatch of 8 Toulouse goslings this year (giving me 11 Toulouse total) that went from being tiny little balls of down to adult sized in only 4 months...here they are today at just barely 4 months old...

Wow they are so big. I forgot how fast they grow...Beautiful birds

woot.gif
My husband came in and told me our last egg pipped.
pop.gif
we should have 2 sometime tomorrow if not sooner!!!!!!!!
yesss.gif

Back
Top Bottom