Goslings of 2015 Hatch-a-Long

Yay should be getting close to going clucky has 14 eggs now so will keep updated
thumbsup.gif
Look forward .

So interesting! My geese finished laying in early June; started late February. Just towards the end of the moult now but really just so weather/climate dependent. Apparently, as the weather has been pretty poor here in summer terms, the hatching rate for geese (not incubator) has been quite poor

Yes Lydia, its really easy if you do it a couple hours after they hatch.
jumpy.gif

I am so excited each time one hatches. I hope this feeling never goes away.
yesss.gif
woot.gif

hahaa
It never goes away... it will mellow a little bit

Hatching and grow out were both very challenging this year. Too much rain and humidity for this area.
We lost Napoleon a couple weeks ago, she got into something. We never did figure out what... did a charcoal flush on everyone. It appears to have helped. Next year will be better.
Hugs everyone.

It never goes away... it will mellow a little bit

Hatching and grow out were both very challenging this year. Too much rain and humidity for this area.
We lost Napoleon a couple weeks ago, she got into something. We never did figure out what... did a charcoal flush on everyone. It appears to have helped. Next year will be better.
Hugs everyone.
@psue I'm so sorry to hear you lost Napoleon.
hugs.gif
So much rain and so many needing it so badly. I am happy to hear the rest are doing well since the flush.

Well instead of a momma goose with goslings it's gonna be a momma Turkey with goslings she stole the goose best and the geese are too scared to mess with her she is sitting on two of her own eggs and 15 geese eggs will take the goslings when they hatch and hand raise them like what I originally did will keep updated

Well instead of a momma goose with goslings it's gonna be a momma Turkey with goslings she stole the goose best and the geese are too scared to mess with her she is sitting on two of her own eggs and 15 geese eggs will take the goslings when they hatch and hand raise them like what I originally did will keep updated
oh my gosh how funny... you know you can give those gosling back to your mama and papa goose once they hatch? just give them about a week or 2 to get strong the flock should take them and raise them with out a problem. Just be sure to introduce for several days to make sure they will accept them.

Looks like you got a good mama there and those gosling have grown and are beautiful. will you ever sell hatching eggs? I think you'll be having lots of requests.

I would like to. I think I need to get more male female sets. I can't breed with any of the goslings I have now as they are all related but 1. haha It is so much fun I think I could do this a lot. My birds have had a tendency to breed off season than everyone else too. So, I have eggs when not too many others do. I need to check with Shellie as I really like her birds and I know how much time and love she puts into them. I can't keep my little ones but I am having a hard time letting them go.

Back
Top Bottom