Goslings of 2015 Hatch-a-Long

Yay only 20 days to go and Clare my younger grey goose is sitting on a nest of 10 or more eggs not sure for about 5 days now and my other goose bear has made a nest in the dog box with 6 eggs so far will be so exiting just a waiting game ganders are getting really aggressive though they attacked my sister and grandparents since they live at my grandparents property anyway will keep updated

Yay only 20 days to go and Clare my younger grey goose is sitting on a nest of 10 or more eggs not sure for about 5 days now and my other goose bear has made a nest in the dog box with 6 eggs so far will be so exiting just a waiting game ganders are getting really aggressive though they attacked my sister and grandparents since they live at my grandparents property anyway will keep updated
Sounds promising, tell your grandparents to carry the broom or a long stick with them when they go around the ganders. They don't have to hit them with it but can use it to keep the ganders from getting too close. Exciting about those eggs!!

Hey Everyone!
Been a while since i was on here. Ive been pretty busy. Almost went completely out of the fur & feathers business this summer, just got frustrated after almost being whiped out in the spring. I was ready to get rid of everything, but Once you are addicted you cant quit cold turkey lol. Well instead of no birds i now have 1 new gander & 1 gander who by freak accident made a round trip back home. He left here in February and came back last week lol my girls are very happy & he remembered his old routine. I am also up to 23 ducks. My orignal flock of 7 saxonys, anconas & runners gave me 5 ducklings and i have 3 of the pekin x swedish i hatched in the spring. Last week i took in a flock of 8 beautiful swedish. I have a very colorful flock now lol.
On top of that i am now a pig farmer & a rabbit owner. The 3 piglets i bought. The rabbit was in need of a home just like the new ducks & ganders. I am back to "zoo" status(50 animals and counting) & am pretty happy in deciding to try again

Hey Everyone!
Been a while since i was on here. Ive been pretty busy. Almost went completely out of the fur & feathers business this summer, just got frustrated after almost being whiped out in the spring. I was ready to get rid of everything, but Once you are addicted you cant quit cold turkey lol. Well instead of no birds i now have 1 new gander & 1 gander who by freak accident made a round trip back home. He left here in February and came back last week lol my girls are very happy & he remembered his old routine. I am also up to 23 ducks. My orignal flock of 7 saxonys, anconas & runners gave me 5 ducklings and i have 3 of the pekin x swedish i hatched in the spring. Last week i took in a flock of 8 beautiful swedish. I have a very colorful flock now lol.
On top of that i am now a pig farmer & a rabbit owner. The 3 piglets i bought. The rabbit was in need of a home just like the new ducks & ganders. I am back to "zoo" status(50 animals and counting) & am pretty happy in deciding to try again
Nice 8 thought I haven't seen you in a while glad to hear your back into having a Minnie zoo again glad to see your old gander back funny how they still remember the routine I guess they never forget these thing and welcome back to byc

Hey yall sorry for being absent but I've got school and poultry shows. I had county fair, state fair for poultry and then exotic and wild birds for my pheasants at state fair. I got reserve champion showman at county and at state got 4th but at county I got red ribbons on my Nankin, naked neck, and OEGB. at state I took my Nankin and my American game and they both got Blue ribbons. The best thing is I was the only kid interested in exotic birds and the only other people that bring birds are 3 elder men. The pheasants I took were only 2 months and one of the gentlemen told me to bring them becuase the people want to see them before they are fully grown. At the end of the show my one baby boy Billy Bob Joe got a red ribbon and my other boy and one girl got yellow (3rd) and my other female got white (4th). At the end after the awards one of the guys friends that I know came up and said that he heard that I wanted a red golden pheasant and he said that he was selling some and he said ask your mom and then talk to me. So I asked how much and he said..... Oh you can have it. So my mom said sure and I got him and he is my biggest baby EVER. then in a few weeks is the regional fair and I'm taking my 2 Sebbies , 3 ducks 1crested 1 blue runner and one blue Swedish, and 3 chickens, my Nankin, American game, and a Wyandotte. On the other hand the geese are all doing we'll and keep being bigger and bigger babies.:p

Hey yall sorry for being absent but I've got school and poultry shows. I had county fair, state fair for poultry and then exotic and wild birds for my pheasants at state fair. I got reserve champion showman at county and at state got 4th but at county I got red ribbons on my Nankin, naked neck, and OEGB. at state I took my Nankin and my American game and they both got Blue ribbons. The best thing is I was the only kid interested in exotic birds and the only other people that bring birds are 3 elder men. The pheasants I took were only 2 months and one of the gentlemen told me to bring them becuase the people want to see them before they are fully grown. At the end of the show my one baby boy Billy Bob Joe got a red ribbon and my other boy and one girl got yellow (3rd) and my other female got white (4th). At the end after the awards one of the guys friends that I know came up and said that he heard that I wanted a red golden pheasant and he said that he was selling some and he said ask your mom and then talk to me. So I asked how much and he said..... Oh you can have it. So my mom said sure and I got him and he is my biggest baby EVER. then in a few weeks is the regional fair and I'm taking my 2 Sebbies , 3 ducks 1crested 1 blue runner and one blue Swedish, and 3 chickens, my Nankin, American game, and a Wyandotte. On the other hand the geese are all doing we'll and keep being bigger and bigger babies.
tongue.png
How awesome Nate Congratulations on all the ribbons and on your new Pheasant too. I wish you the best with the regional fair. keep us posted on all the happenings.

Back
Top Bottom