Goslings of 2015 Hatch-a-Long

@devinandfeather they are so precious! I would give the baby time, but watch the leg closely. It looks like his leg was somehow pinched or possibly stuck to the shell. I would also be on the lookout for any possible small predator like weasel, muskrat. Also possibly an insect bite, just thinking out loud. If it stays red watch the wounds for signs of infection.

We have 2 pairs of American Buff geese. The 2 girls were both sitting (they are only a year old), and only one successfully hatched. I was concerned, but the girls sorted it out; they share the baby! Here are the 2 mamas with baby, with one of the proud daddies off to the left.

We have 2 pairs of American Buff geese. The 2 girls were both sitting (they are only a year old), and only one successfully hatched. I was concerned, but the girls sorted it out; they share the baby! Here are the 2 mamas with baby, with one of the proud daddies off to the left.
Sweet family...........Congrats!!

Hi so got some good news and some bad again one of the goslings died don't no how but it was fine the day before then went to check on them that night and he was dead in the nest box so yeah down no how couldn't feel any breaks so could've just been a freak accident. Anyway no more bad news the little gosling that had that swollen foot is fine now he is strong and walking so all good. Another thing is that one of my friends want a pair of geese for next year so I am giving the radar and bear so then I will have clare flapper and Mr Hiss so yeah will be able to keep some of the goslings from this years hatch yayaayyay so happy but sad at the same time can watch them grow all over again so yeah but also sad that I have to get rid of radar because he is far to aggressive towards my chickens and Hiss doesn't care as long as they don't get near the goslings he is in a good mood. So will keep updated but here are some pics of the older gosling with the younger goslings in the backyard with the geese.But you can tell the difference between a 2 week old gosling and 3 day old

Hi so got some good news and some bad again one of the goslings died don't no how but it was fine the day before then went to check on them that night and he was dead in the nest box so yeah down no how couldn't feel any breaks so could've just been a freak accident. Anyway no more bad news the little gosling that had that swollen foot is fine now he is strong and walking so all good. Another thing is that one of my friends want a pair of geese for next year so I am giving the radar and bear so then I will have clare flapper and Mr Hiss so yeah will be able to keep some of the goslings from this years hatch yayaayyay so happy but sad at the same time can watch them grow all over again so yeah but also sad that I have to get rid of radar because he is far to aggressive towards my chickens and Hiss doesn't care as long as they don't get near the goslings he is in a good mood. So will keep updated but here are some pics of the older gosling with the younger goslings in the backyard with the geese.But you can tell the difference between a 2 week old gosling and 3 day old

They are absolutely beautiful

Sorry for your loss. Your flock is beautiful, and goslings so precious!

Back
Top Bottom