Got my chickens!! (Pics Included)

Picky Chicky

Songster
11 Years
Sep 22, 2008
Holly Grove, VA
I finally got my girls! DD named them, and I'm hoping to get more at our next swap on Nov. 1st.

The pictures aren't the best (it was night out), but I'll have more later...

In the middle are our two buff Japanese bantams, "Kim" and "Karen". "Angel" is the white EE at the bottom right. And that's "Doughnut" (the other EE) in the back right.
16101_dsc_0004.jpg

"Cookie" is our sweet and tame EE girl... I think she's started getting annoyed with "Kim" & "Karen" as they were moving themselves into the middle of their little huddle.
16101_dsc_0018.jpg

Close up of "Cookie"
16101_dsc_0013.jpg

Close up of "Doughnut" (left) and "Angel" (right)
16101_dsc_0014.jpg

I'm hoping to have some more pictures of them outside. It's cute to watch their personalities mesh together. Doughnut is definitely the alpha gal, and I think that's followed by Cookie (who enjoys picking on Kim and Karen)... Angel is just kind of my loaner girl that everyone ignores. I think Doughnut and Angel got into it their first day together as I saw some of their feathers laying about in the coop after a bunch of commotion. They've seemed to have worked it out.

I CAN'T WAIT TO GET MORE!!
smile.png

Quote:
Coming soon
wink.png
- DH needs to install them (I'm not crafty at all). We have several closet rods that we were going to use. We plan to put the roosts in the coop and a few fun ones in the run. I'd love to think DH will install the roosts on his next day off but since he's not into the chickens (unless they're dinner), he'll probably wait until I can help him with getting the girls out of the way.

Beautiful birds!
I was told that the roosts need to be wider than closet poles- like 2x4s. Our roosts in the run are two old wooden saw horses. No one is very handy at our house, either.

Last edited:
Quote:
That's good to know! Thanks for the heads up.
smile.png

We have some scrap wood that would fit the bill perfectly for my standards. I wonder if the bantams would be OK with the large closet rods? I don't want them miserable - that's certain!

Back
Top Bottom